CBR1100XX.org Forum

aftermarket fairing

blacksheep

So I've decided to buy aftermarket fairing from eBay. I purchased from

EZMOTO I,ll track shipping, receipt and then compare with pics when the fairing arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

I bet my inseam is at least an inch shorter than his, probably some other appendages as well.

Unseen puddle of diesel fuel when stopping at an air pump for the left side damage, and a cramp in my right quad when putting my foot down sealed the fate of the right lower cowl (and wound up tearing all but a thread of the quad.

Just got mine on and love em...fit was about 95%...couple holes here n there and the underbelly wouldnt line up but otherwise good

What prices do you actually receive, do you get a tank cover? Or is that only for other bikes?

Nice.

I have often thought about buy one of those seys.

things I wondered about...

Is it going to warp over time, concidering it was thermal molded and not Injection Molded ?

Is there Heat/Foam shielding on the bottom panels, or do I need to find that elswhere. (because I believe the foam is very important as well)

Paint quality ??? Is the basecoat Smooth or Orange peeled ?

Hi Mate,

I bought one of these for my 1999 from some place in the UK or that's what Ebay said till it came from China did not FIT all holes in wrong place even head light hole in cowl was not in the center, if you have any problems contact them ASAP and don't take and BS get you money back through either PP or your banker that's what I had to do and I still have the crap in the garage for 2 years

Thebiker

• Upvote 1

Here is a sample I compared left side fairing for sample you should be able to zoom to see quality.

So far though I was missing lower center piece that connects right and left sides they didn't ship paint as advertised and the heat shield is shit.

The new set is thinner and more rigid but they look good, considering I only paid 450.00

With free shipping if I can get them to make good on my issues I'm happy.post-1476-0-63555000-1436583553_thumb.jppost-1476-0-05379100-1436583582_thumb.jppost-1476-0-30068500-1436583604_thumb.jp

Curious if the posts are on the inside of the replacement lowers for attaching the factory heat barrier? (Kind of looks like they are?) I have sucessfully transferred the factory heat barriers from one lower to another. was pretty easy.

I bought my bike off a guy who's dad dropped it on the right side managed to Crack upper

And damage lower, a lot cheaper to go with aftermarket. Will either sell or repair OEM

this winter.

Curious if the posts are on the inside of the replacement lowers for attaching the factory heat barrier? (Kind of looks like they are?) I have sucessfully transferred the factory heat barriers from one lower to another. was pretty easy.

Post are there and I received a set of heat barriers with the new fairing.

Just got mine on and love em...fit was about 95%...couple holes here n there and the underbelly wouldnt line up but otherwise good

So what did you do, drill new holes? Any close up detailed photos?

no new holes, just had to widen a couple...as for closeups let me know what you like...unforunately its all together so cant show you any inside posts and stuff

What prices do you actually receive, do you get a tank cover? Or is that only for other bikes?

I paid $435 for mine off ebay (free shipping)...i didnt get a tank cover but they gave me some shitty hand grenade valvestem caps, a cheap looking tank protector and reflective wheel tape that wouldnt stick to plastidip :(

Each vender gives different stuff I reckon

Nice.

I have often thought about buy one of those seys.

things I wondered about...

Is it going to warp over time, concidering it was thermal molded and not Injection Molded ?

Is there Heat/Foam shielding on the bottom panels, or do I need to find that elswhere. (because I believe the foam is very important as well)

Paint quality ??? Is the basecoat Smooth or Orange peeled ?

Mine was injection molded...my first set wasnt and it fit for shit...had to do major surgery to get it to fit, mostly with the headlight mounts which didnt even come close. They did supply some heat shield panels but wasnt enough to get reALLY GOOD COVERAGE...I PICKED UP A ROLL OF AMAZON. paint quality is decent with no peel. I did get some cracking of the pain down low where it was close to the exhaust header

I would like to add do NOT buy them if the shipping isnt free...if for some reason paypal forces a refund they dont have to refund shipping according to a friend of mine. and ONLY get injection molded!