CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbird in winter

yorkie

Hi im thinking of buying a second bike and I really like the Honda Blackbird, she will have to earn her keep and get me about especially to work a 60 mile round trip ill avoid using her when its thick with snow and ice but at all other times I will be using the blackbird, wanted to ask you guys how the blackbird stands up to winter in the uk and are there any tips to protect the bike from the weather.

I have owned two early busas, and I would not have used them in winter as the suzuki finish wasnt up to the standards of hondas finish

any advice please?

Avons... for the winter ???? No.

Unless your looking for a death sentence. I have run back and forth to work more than a few times when the temp is in the Low 20's F. and I will say, nothing beats the Michelin PR3's.

I'm not sure about this UK weather, without more details... I'm not sure what you're asking for.

As for the paint ? The Blackbirds paint was known to be very thin from the get go. Infact, the lower fairings on my bike are just hammered with rock chips and pits.... partially due to said winter riding and sand covered roads.