CBR1100XX.org Forum

Electrical issues,

Loki

Finally found the culprit to the bird dying while idling and when turning the key the lights go out.

Did a complete tear off of the plastics, started at the fuse block. went out from there, traced everything back to a common point, the shut off switch.

Yes, the cute red thing that sits by your right thumb. somehow something shorted in the wire harness of the switch. It would work for a second, then the resistance would go off the chart. attempted to fix, nope. the $47 and change for a new one is not even a thought.

So its on the way, hopefully will be back in the saddle by the weekend or next week latest.

Any questions. let me know.

L;

Good job. I know finding intermittent electrical problems can make you pull your hair out. Oh, wait, is that what happened?

Ha ha ah ha, oh quit it, my sides......lol

this one was easy, after we changed the tires, the issue just jumped out at us....

got lucky I guess

L;

And no, I fired it before it all quit. Spich....

So was the issue in the wiring or the switch itself? I've had intermittent issues with my bird that I still haven't nailed down. At one point it seemed to be related to the kill switch but then it changed so I'm stumped 'till it happens again so I can test.

when we pulled the switch, hooked the meter, the cable harness had the issue. the switch seemed ok, but when we moved the cable around the meter danced like crazy

when I get the new one installed, I will probably tear the old one apart and find the issue. XXtit, reminded me, I rode in a small rain a few weeks back. hmmm

L;