CBR1100XX.org Forum

C14 aftermarket bars

The Krypt Keeper

Buddy got him another bike a few weeks ago. He loves it except for the stock handlebars, he wants shorter bars to go on it because he is at this awkward sitting position. Said leaning back makes it worse, but leaning forward just a little bit makes it perfect.

Does anyone make aftermarket bars that are adjustable or shorter for the C14's

Should just tell him to sit back an inch,

Damn he has some long arms and torso,

we were getting ready to exit from the ferry at Jamestown. The lady on board chocked the car in front of us. She forgets and I mention to him to not hit the chock when we go to pull away. He reaches over and picks it up by the rope attached to it laying on the deck of the boat. Then backs up and places it out of the way. WTF, if you see me picking up something off the ground while on my bike, it means I am laying on the ground and the bike has fallen on me.

checked Dan Moto, no luck

There is a shim fix, which I have not yet tried. However, I feel your friend's pain the angle of the OEM bars puts the wrists at an odd angle.

Murph's Kits sells wedges or shims. They are supposed to straighten the bars to a more wrist comfortable position. I haven't installed mine yet as the prior owner stripped out the heads of my bolts by using what I suspect was an SAE allen key. I may have to drill them out. Here is a link.

http://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?products_id=466