CBR1100XX.org Forum

CL Find in NY. 2003 XX w/1500 miles. $4395

30 minutes from me. FYI

Also....I think this has been for sale for a WHILE.

Most people who are NOT in the know have a problem with a bike that is going on 13/14 years old with 1500 miles on it.

Especially in NY.

If the paint is perfect, I would be all over it if I were looking for another Bird. I would look in the tank to be sure of no rust, looking closely at bolts and brackets to see if it was kept in a very damp place. Add in tires and fluid change when working out the price. Wouldn't worry about much else, the Bird is a touch old girl.

Sole owner. Since I have very few miles on the bike I do not have the that much maintenance to prove. I did an oil change two years ago.

I'm confirming if the oil change is the only thing he did to it. I'm also asking if he got it in 2003/2004 or if it was a "rare find" later on. I have a hard time believing that a person would only put <150 miles on it each year...even if it only got ridden in the summer.

Sole owner. Since I have very few miles on the bike I do not have the that much maintenance to prove. I did an oil change two years ago.

I'm confirming if the oil change is the only thing he did to it. I'm also asking if he got it in 2003/2004 or if it was a "rare find" later on. I have a hard time believing that a person would only put <150 miles on it each year...even if it only got ridden in the summer.

It happens . . . This may well be a pristine garage queen. Age alone does not equate to deterioration. Mileage has never been an issue with the XX, high or low. The low mileage on this example may pique some collector interest; it would certainly get my attention. However, I already have a near mint '99 in my collection that only has 3K miles. I just wish I had more room . . .

Take your time on this one Zero. Ask a lot of questions - give him a bit of the run around. Ask to speak to his relatives and possibly even old professors and teachers.

Ask for the original bill of sale, blood samples, and see if you can fuck his wife too.

The is setting up like a real winner. You're guaranteed to have a pleasant buying experience.

CBR 1100 with only 1536 miles - $4395 (Nanuet)

IT ONLY HAS 1536 MILES. Practically new. Everything is stock. Never been raced. Only rode it during the summers. Always garaged kept and stored. It is a very powerful bike and is also very comfortable compared to most super sports bikes. Please text me if you are serious.

post-1680-0-74589800-1438529389_thumb.jp

Trixie's second cousin...

post-1680-0-88692500-1438529393_thumb.jp

post-1680-0-90534400-1438529395_thumb.jp

I'd offer him $1K less than what he's asking...just because he never did routine maintenance as it sat in the garage.

At the very least, he should have changed the oil and coolant every 3 years. The tires may be fine, but I'd not trust them on a trip after a decade of aging.

I'd presume that OEM coolant would still protect the system from all that sitting around and doing nothing, but until you won't know until you run some system cleaner through it and see what comes out.

I'd offer him $1K less than what he's asking...

And he'll sell it to someone else. I seriously can't understand how you've ever managed to buy a used vehicle with your "standards".

• Upvote 2

+1, rolled my eyes when he said he was going to offer a grand less. There is a nut ball out here asking $6950 for a similar 03 XX and will likely eventually get it.

I'd offer him $1K less than what he's asking...just because he never did routine maintenance as it sat in the garage.

At the very least, he should have changed the oil and coolant every 3 years. The tires may be fine, but I'd not trust them on a trip after a decade of aging.

I'd presume that OEM coolant would still protect the system from all that sitting around and doing nothing, but until you won't know until you run some system cleaner through it and see what comes out.

I want to say that you're officially retarded but I think I figured that out a few minutes after meeting you.

But seriously- you're a fucking retard.

+1, rolled my eyes when he said he was going to offer a grand less. There is a nut ball out here asking $6950 for a similar 03 XX and will likely eventually get it.

$7500 for this one with Corbin's, Helibars and screen: http://www.cbrxx.com/bikes-for-sale/27267-for-sale-2003-blackbird-only-5-300-miles-mint.html

3rd owner of an XX that has 5.3k miles. Poor bird, she just wants to spread her wings and fly.

And all those other bikes have at least been USED and MAINTAINED since being bought.

While this bike's been garage-kept, it's hardly been ridden (fine for 3-years-old, bad for 12-years-old) and no maintenance other than ONE oil change two years ago.

You know you'll need two new tires off the top...probably change upper and lower coolant hoses to be safe (possibly radiator cap as well) because of aging rubber. New battery...easy.

If the guy had at least changed fluids every 2-3 years, I'd say I'd just be looking to discount for the old tires, but he's really done nothing but ONE oil change. Hell, at not even 2,000 miles in 12 years, it doesn't even look like the motor was properly broken in (although it's young enough that it could be corrected with no long-term harm done).

Once he started riding the bike, he should have at least kept up the maintenance every couple of years. He's letting certain parts deteriorate from neglect, and you all know you'd have to spend $$$ as soon as you got it to bring some things current or risk them failing at any time. That affects the price...period.

Just ran the VIN....first registered in 2006...so that helps.

Edited by Aunt Sylvia