CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wore out Sportbike sale

Got a handful of units that would make good tinker projects for the winter if so inclinded. All prices are before tax/title if applicable to you. All are clean title.

1996 CBR600F3. Runs, cosemtically ugly crashed up plastic. Needs TLC stuff - levers, chain adjusters, fork seals, signals etc to be street worthy. $700

1996 Kawasaki ZX9R. Ugly, but does runs. Bodywork original but rashed. 100k real miles (odo showing 6 miles) Compression was low but came up nicely after ring-free treatment and has stayed there. Still needs TLC type stuff but was ridden to my shop. $600

1997 Suzuki Katana 750. Bodywork rash and busted, engine slow to start but will fire and run. Believe valves need adjusted and perhaps carb clean. Chain, tires, fork seals all look good. $825.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooohhh that F3 sounds interesting. Maybe pick it up at RacerXX?? Do you have pictures??

Oooohhh that F3 sounds interesting. Maybe pick it up at RacerXX?? Do you have pictures??

You could do that. When it warms up a little I'll drag them out in the sun and shoot a couple.

Thanks for the pictures! I see the side covers are missing on the F3... Any dents in the tank?

Is the upper fairing stay straight?

• 1 year later...

Finally completely done with the restore. Just got the tank back from paint,

post-76-0-05632600-1430183367_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 7

Hobie,

I think I have an F3 fuel tank and a couple fairing pieces that you can have. Tank is in primer and has been in my basement (rust free) and has the fuel lines still attached but has a few small dents.

I bought some extra shit for when the kids rashed the CBR600 F2/F3 but they never needed it (thankfully)

Just have to figure out a way to get it to you without breaking the bank.

Let me know and its yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So, I've been chasing an oil leak with this thing ever since I got it.

Finally put oil dye in it and traced it down to (what I thought) was the starter motor.

Replaced the O-ring around the starter motor, and it didn't seem to help :(

Finally decided to disassemble to pull the starter again, remove the stator cover, and see what was going on.

post-76-0-65826900-1444515935_thumb.jpg post-76-0-33753400-1444515963_thumb.jpg

Isn't this lovely? It appears that the housing that holds the pin which holds the starter gears has broken. An the part of the stator cover that holds the pin is broken too.

So.. someone drilled a hole, put a bolt in from the back, and attempted to hold everything in place with a metal/nylon nut.

W T F ???

The outer case could just be replaced. the inner case could be welded and then machined correctly but the cases would have to be split and striped.