CBR1100XX.org Forum

NEED A GROMMET/PLUG!

Zero Knievel

This is frustrating.

What I want to do is run a power line through my top case. The end to run through is between 1/2" and 3/4" and the wire itself is like 1/8" x 1/4". SAE connector.

I was going to drill a hole and use a plug (that fits like a grommet) to make an effective seal against bugs, water, etc. Since grommets come pre-sized, I figure I need a plug and just drill a hole in it to push the SAE connector through.

Finding what I'm looking for is a pain. I don't need 150 piece kits for a couple of items. Don't mind buying a pack of 5 or 10 if that's the only way they come, but I need the right style.

post-3006-0-90572300-1440416189_thumb.jp

Went to the hardware stores and the tractor supply store. Nobody had anything other than standard grommets.

Saw this on Amazon...I'll likely use it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LB4ACQ6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=O6UAJ0EU8IZ1&coliid=IJUCXRXE12O6W

41MrKh5FusL._SX466_.jpg

That's awesome, I wish I could get that. It'd cost me 10 bucks to ship to Canada. Buy it here, and they want 13 dollars shipping and 35 for the plug. Sheesh.

I'll no doubt be visiting Stef in the next 6ish months, we tend to go down a couple times. I don't think he's been convicted yet, I'll see what I can do.

Amazon Canada is 34 dollars plus 13 shipping. Nope.

I'd put it on my back case to plug a solar cell into, then in the case will be the battery. When not charging the battery, the plug can be used to gain power from that battery. I'm excited...will have to wait a few months, but I love anticipation. Much like sex... might get that before I get the plug. Dunno.