CBR1100XX.org Forum

Powerpoint/Publisher - what-have-you

XXitanium

I have this picture and a piece of text I'd like to lay over it - and have the text still readable.

I took a shot at it. Publishing isn't my bailiwick.

post-1680-0-23623900-1424572747_thumb.jp

post-1680-0-71793800-1424573025_thumb.jp

Our Greatest Fear

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, WHO ARE WE NOT TO BE?

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you.

It's not just in some of us it's in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we can seriously give other people per-

mission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson

It's kind of a dichotomy. A sloth doing his best, is still a sloth.

Somehow this one got himself into a hammock and got his picture taken.

....anyone have mad Publisher skilz?

I'm definitely no expert at it but I could do a little better than you have.

The issue is that background pic is rough, will be hard to ever make it look good without someone with more skill than I. Does that picture have some meaning, as I'm sure I could find a much better quality one for the background.

For example... http://imgur.com/gallery/XJgOgso

Edited by XX_Rider

If you don't need to preserve the actual lettering as it's printed, I know Publisher and Photoshop will let you apply text over an image as you want to arrange it.

If you had to preserve the text, you'd probably need a high-quality B/W scan of the text and delete all the white space with the magic wand tool. If it worked right, you could cut/paste the whole image over another and the deleted space would be transparent. It's a lot of work compared to just typing in the text.

It was wadded up in one of my kids pockets. The picture is rough because it was folded and carried around a long time. ...so, yeah, it's the picture I want - with the patina.

Beautiful job Bill.

I hadn't considered leaving his face blocked in like that.

How long in terms of beer did it take? half-a-beer, a whole one , more?

Better than I hoped for.

Mike,

Part of the problem - I'm running the wrong program - PowerPoint 2003, not Publisher 2015 or whatever. AND I have almost NO experience with this type of document.

The text is text above and selectable BTW

How absolutely crazy do you think the whole sloth meme is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, someone actually performed some magic. ...you went and found the original picture? Holy slow process Batman.

It's better - no one else would get the patina.

It was wadded up in one of my kids pockets. The picture is rough because it was folded and carried around a long time. ...so, yeah, it's the picture I want - with the patina.

Beautiful job Bill.

I hadn't considered leaving his face blocked in like that.

How long in terms of beer did it take? half-a-beer, a whole one , more?

Better than I hoped for.

Mike,

Part of the problem - I'm running the wrong program - PowerPoint 2003, not Publisher 2015 or whatever. AND I have almost NO experience with this type of document.

The text is text above and selectable BTW

How absolutely crazy do you think the whole sloth meme is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, someone actually performed some magic. ...you went and found the original picture? Holy slow process Batman.

Actually the picture you provided didn't look so good but here you go...you can decide. A quick Google search of "sloth in hammock" returned the result for the original picture. Let me know if you want it in PDF or some other format.

Publication2_zpspxzqzpd6.jpg

Edited by Biometrix

Ohh!

Kick me again! I worked on it for like an hour and had crappy results.

Ha!

Now I owe you two beers.

It was easy to download earlier from the first one through photobucket, thanks for the second try though.

Oh boy, I'm old and out-of-touch.

It's "a thing".

http://www.gifbin.com/984317

http://www.amazon.com/Sloth-Hammock-Mens-Zipper-Hoodie/dp/B00PYN45K4

http://vk.com/doc22591525_199467125?hash=6517db96aa63510681&dl=a5ad7cabfc3807b561

Oh, sorry. Wasn't trying to "kick you". It's just one of those things where if you work with the publisher/graphics/presentation programs all the time it's easy-peasy stuff.

I was just trying to have some fun with it.

I knew I had an older program. I was legitamately surprised that you had it done that fast with the original picture though.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

It just so happens that Wisconsin has recently become part of my territory for work sooooo...I like my beer served thusly...

beer_babes_2.png

I don't think you are going to find that in Wisconsin.

It just so happens that Wisconsin has recently become part of my territory for work sooooo...I like my beer served thusly...

beer_babes_2.png

I don't think you are going to find that in Wisconsin.

You'd be surprised. We used to sample the night life in Sheboygan when we were up at Road America for the AMA suberbike races. There was no shortage of local hotties.

Keep in mind the girl pictured will probably be pushing two bills and have a serious drinking problem by the time she's 35. It is Wisconsin, after all.

• Upvote 1