CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bird for Track Day

runner

You may want to de-link the front and rear brakes. If it's a 2000 or later model, you might be okay, but with the earlier years hard front braking could cause the rear wheel to lock or at least start "chirping" the tire. I have had two different 99 models on the track. The one with the later VIN number wasn't a problem. The earlier model would chirp the back tire under hard braking. Sounded like I really sucked at down-shifting, but wasn't even trying yet. Get a good set of pads for the track. The EBC double-H was a little lacking for me, but I was one of the faster guys in the intermediate group.

Unless it's above 95 degrees, I don't think you will have any problems with over-heating. If lower fairings are removed, that may change. They do a decent job of ducting air through the radiator.

The Bird will be a work-out to make good time, especially if the track is tight & technical, like Barber. A long track like Road Atlanta might be more fun.

Times 2 on upgraded suspension.

move your ass off the seat.

the big girl can dance, but she likes to touch down early,

just go ahead and remove peg feels, remove center stand

upgrade suspension or you will be dragging the lower cowl. Can also shim rear shock some, work on fork height all that fun stuff

better brake pads are a must. Don't have to delink but will be a bonus if you do..

in reality go shopping for a used track bike.. easy to find SV's F4's Gixxer 600s and the like for a couple grand.