CBR1100XX.org Forum

Like here:

http://bullpupunlimited.com

I went back to stock 870 Police config, reminded me too much of my jack-booted thug days to hide it in a plastic stock - no matter how functional. Plus I have a KSG now so the bull pup shotgun urge is satisfied. I probably only put 20 rounds through this thing, after working with the manufacturer on some issues with the first one I had. This one works flawlessly, but I'd describe the trigger as "mushy" - as it is on all of them.

They can be had for $299 new, best price I've seen. If $200 shipped (CONUS only) isn't fair, let me know and you might save me the trouble of doing Armslist or Gunbroker.

I can take pics if you like, but it really is just like the one in the link above.

That is all kinds of badass right there.

Too bad I have a Maverick 88...

I have the same gun. I've shot it maybe 50 times total, not really a shotgun guy. That didn't stop me from pricing 870's when I saw this, though.

I have issues.

• Upvote 1

Maverick is a great cheap shotty.

Not quite as rugged as the 500 or the 590A1...but still way better than other $200 12 guages.

That is a sweet conversion.

Edited by TuffguyF4i

I believe they use the same accessories, but this has internal conversions as well to move the trigger, so I highly doubt it would work. Downside is it costs more than what I paid for the whole shotgun. Mine is home defense, so hopefully I can live my entire life and never fire it.

I do have to say though, the way people are targeting LEO's these days, I may want to start carrying it, and the AR, and my sidearm, and a backup, and an ankle gun, and get a German Shepard on a remote door opening system, and.........

I believe they use the same accessories, but this has internal conversions as well to move the trigger, so I highly doubt it would work. Downside is it costs more than what I paid for the whole shotgun. Mine is home defense, so hopefully I can live my entire life and never fire it.

I do have to say though, the way people are targeting LEO's these days, I may want to start carrying it, and the AR, and my sidearm, and a backup, and an ankle gun, and get a German Shepard on a remote door opening system, and.........

I had a 14" barreled AUG and a 14' folding-stock 870 in my work vehicle most of my career. The AUG was in a lockbox but the 870 stayed tucked between the driver's seat and the console - the only vehicle I had that didn't fit it, a Grand Prix, I traded off as soon as I could. G19 primary and a 26 as a backup. All. The. Time. The purpose of a sidearm is to fight your way to your primary weapon - a rifle.

Seems like there's a higher than normal bunch of public servants doing their best to give police work a bad name these days. Or they're just getting caught more frequently now with cameras everywhere. I'm damn happy I got out of the business when I did. Watch your back.

I had a 14" barreled AUG and a 14' folding-stock 870 in my work vehicle most of my career. The AUG was in a lockbox but the 870 stayed tucked between the driver's seat and the console - the only vehicle I had that didn't fit it, a Grand Prix, I traded off as soon as I could. G19 primary and a 26 as a backup. All. The. Time. The purpose of a sidearm is to fight your way to your primary weapon - a rifle.

Seems like there's a higher than normal bunch of public servants doing their best to give police work a bad name these days. Or they're just getting caught more frequently now with cameras everywhere. I'm damn happy I got out of the business when I did. Watch your back.

A 14" AUG is about as close to a deaf machine as possible. That will wake the neighbors.

That reminds me that I need to put my 870 Marine Magnum back into my trunk. I'll leave out it's partner.... my MINI-30 All Weather. Whenever people heard that those were my "trunk" guns they thought I was a snob.

Let me know if you are looking for any trades on the stock. I sent you a PM on it.

More interested in financing stuff for my KTM, so it's going to be cash. Thanks for the offer, sounds like you had some cool toys before the terrible boating accident!

My advice is to save up for a KSG. It isn't a lot more than an entry-level 870 plus the BPU kit, and once you massage the KSG a little, I believe it will be nearly as reliable as an 870 (certainly as reliable as an 870 in a plastic sleeve). Couple that with 14-round capacity and the ability to select on-the-fly ammo from two shell carriers - say, slugs in one side, buck in the other - you have a pretty nice setup.

Unless you already have an 870 that isn't seeing any use, or a beat-up old field gun that you can throw an 18" barrel on and hide the ugly under the BPU plastic, there is a better option for a bull pup shotgun.