CBR1100XX.org Forum

...etc. - Any Yahoo mail users out there?

XXitanium

...intolerable.

I saw some kind of pop-up briefly about reverting back to the conventional format, but it disappeared and I can't find anything in the settings.

It is converting .jpg images embedded into emails to .php attachments when I forward to my Outlook client. Very messy.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206380-us-homepage

...seems I'm not the only one effected.

• 8 months later...

Yahoo has done some major notable changes in last 6 months. I don't know what, but as a customer with slow satellite net, I don't bother checking mail often. That and just clicking past the pesky popups for a cell phone I don't own, takes 5 minutes. Just last week I was exploring other mail options. Starting to think that 'free' mail is costing more than a paid service would. I wouldn't bother trying to revert yahoo back, you KNOW they don't want you to, so im sure it will open a million new problems for you that they won't fix and perhaps have prompted.

That's why I'm dumping them. Everytime I go to check my E-mail my Computer starts hanging up and has locked up a time or 2. They put so many ads in there that my IP system gets over loaded. By the way, I live in the land of very limited IP availability. I've got Gmail and haven't had any of the problems as I've had with Yahoo. I know, they're tracking me and all that other jazz but you don't think the other free E-mails aren't?

• 2 months later...

A handy trick.

Go on Yahoo mail via dial-up.

If it takes too long to load, you should get a prompt for a low bandwidth version on the site.

Go to that page and bookmark it.

I don't have an issue on wireless, but when on dial-up, as soon as the tab shows my account name, I click the bookmark for the low-bandwidth site.

Much easier.

• 2 weeks later...