Deadlift

Romanian Deadlift

Bentover Row

Power Clean

Front Squat

Push Press

Back Squat

Good Morning

On round one, perform 6 reps of each exercise, moving from one exercise to the next, never letting go of the bar, never resting. Remember, you'll finish all six reps of each exercise before moving to the next one.

Rest 90 seconds after the first circuit, then perform 5 reps of each in the next circuit; rest 90 seconds, 4 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, 3 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, 2 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, and then do 1 rep of each.

Cosgrove says that the entire workout should take about 12 minutes, not counting the time you spend sobbing like a little girl in a purdy pink dress.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article...redded_physique

Its very quick and will have you huffing if you have a piss poor work capacity like I do.

• Upvote 1

I am not that detailed yet.

My sched is a little more loosely defined:

Get to the gym 4 times a week.

Day 1 - Heavy Cardio (Elliptical, Treadmill, Rower)

Day 2 - Cardio warm-up (Elliptical) + the upper body/ab circuit on the machines.

Day 3 - Heavy Cardio (Elliptical, Treadmill, Rower)

Day 4 - Cardio warm-up (Elliptical) + lower body circuit on the machines.

I gained a bunch during Michelle's pregnancy and alo over the holidays. Weighed in before New Year's at 238. We both got back to the gym the first week of Jan and have completely switched up our diets. No more soda...no more junk. Just trying to have a good balance of healthy food. Watch the carbs and watch the trans fat. Cut portions.

I am at 219 just 4 weeks later and still kicking it. Want to get to 190-195. 216 is my half way milestone. If I am luck and can keep this pace, I could get there next week.

If you hate cardio try this:
Here's one of the most effective Cosgrovian complexes:

Deadlift

Romanian Deadlift

Bentover Row

Power Clean

Front Squat

Push Press

Back Squat

Good Morning

On round one, perform 6 reps of each exercise, moving from one exercise to the next, never letting go of the bar, never resting. Remember, you'll finish all six reps of each exercise before moving to the next one.

Rest 90 seconds after the first circuit, then perform 5 reps of each in the next circuit; rest 90 seconds, 4 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, 3 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, 2 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, and then do 1 rep of each.

Cosgrove says that the entire workout should take about 12 minutes, not counting the time you spend sobbing like a little girl in a purdy pink dress.

Its very quick and will have you huffing if you have a piss poor work capacity like I do.

I agree. Do those for a while, and you'll learn to love cardio. :icon_biggrin:

Brett, You're an animal.

If you hate cardio try this:
Here's one of the most effective Cosgrovian complexes:

Deadlift

Romanian Deadlift

Bentover Row

Power Clean

Front Squat

Push Press

Back Squat

Good Morning

I agree. Do those for a while, and you'll learn to love cardio. :icon_biggrin:

Brett, You're an animal.

I'm a pussy. I use a really light weight and it still makes me blurry. Its better if you are trying to build muscle though. Grinding away for an hour of cardio can be catabolic.

I am not that detailed yet.

My sched is a little more loosely defined:

Get to the gym 4 times a week.

Day 1 - Heavy Cardio (Elliptical, Treadmill, Rower)

Day 2 - Cardio warm-up (Elliptical) + the upper body/ab circuit on the machines.

Day 3 - Heavy Cardio (Elliptical, Treadmill, Rower)

Day 4 - Cardio warm-up (Elliptical) + lower body circuit on the machines.

I gained a bunch during Michelle's pregnancy and alo over the holidays. Weighed in before New Year's at 238. We both got back to the gym the first week of Jan and have completely switched up our diets. No more soda...no more junk. Just trying to have a good balance of healthy food. Watch the carbs and watch the trans fat. Cut portions.

I am at 219 just 4 weeks later and still kicking it. Want to get to 190-195. 216 is my half way milestone. If I am luck and can keep this pace, I could get there next week.

Let me know if you are interested. I have a whole spreadsheet full of interesting lifting programs that are "full body" routines that advocate not working to complete failure. I don't like going to failure especially since I lift alone. The programs all hit body parts multiple times a week vs having a split where you do say chest and back on monday, legs and arms on wed and shoulders and testicles on friday. The workout I listed above is a heavy bastardization of one of these programs. They are all written by Chad Waterbury. Some are geared toward fat loss others toward increasing overall physical fitness and some toward gaining size though he really favors building lean muscle and useful athletic strength.

Otherwise I have a program I am going to try out once I finish my current 6 week cycle to try and get lean. I've put on over 15lbs in the past few months due to holiday eating, increasing my creatine intake (makes you retain water) and hopefully some of it is actual muscle gain.

Anyway the program is exactly like above with some tweaked set/rep paramters. Its geared more toward endurance/work capacity vs the parameters I'm using now which are strength/size ranges.

Remember muscle burns fat. So the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn.

I am definitely interested. Cool to see Tim posted here too. I think he and I have some similar goals.

Right now my biggest issue is just going to the gym for cardio and hitting some weights. I usually do a few reps till I get a good burn and follow up the session with protein.

Beyind that I am a retard. My biggest goal is the weight loss. Once I get down to 190-195 I can evaluate from there and see if I need to loose more or work on getting stronger. I dont; care about mass either....just want good athletic strength. (and flexibility)

Right now I'm doing the same workout Mon-Wed-Fri. Not hip to all the correct terminology, so forgive me if some of this is a bit off.

Butterflies w/dumbells 3 sets of 8-10

Bench press 3 set of 8-10

Incline bench 3 set of 8-10

Tricep extensions (over my head) 3 sets of 8-10

Dips (heels on the floor, using bench) 2 sets of 10-15, last set to failure.

Upright row, 3 set of 8-10

Single arm row (looked that name up) 3 sets of 8-10

Military press, 3 sets of 8-10

Lateral raises, 3 sets of 8-10

Curls (standing, rotating forearms, both arms at once) 3 sets of 8-10

Curls (seated, back of arm against my inner thigh) 3 sets of 8-10

Sets are 8-10 because as soon as I can hit 10 I up the weight and go back down to eight.

I knock it all out in about 45 minutes. Just enough rest between sets to keep me short of really winded and turning it into a cardio workout.

Cardio is martial arts 3-5 times a week. My legs and core get pretty blasted there too, but not in a way that will ever build much mass. The current pisser is I have pink eye (first time in my life, fun) and can't go back to martial arts until it's cleared up. Just found out that will be another 2-3 days and it's already been two days since I went. Stupid pink eye.

• 2 months later...

My current routine.....

1-2x a week...

Squat machine

Leg press

Leg curl

Calf raises

Various Ab workouts (ab machine, crunches, swiss ball, planks, roman chair)

Back extension machine

Bench press (alt w/ dumbell flys)

Trap machine

Lat machine

Tricep machine

Military press (alt w/ dumbells)

Curls (freeweight & dumbell)

Shrugs/vert. cable pulls

1-2x a week...

Les Mills Body Pump class (light-moderate weight lotsa reps.. about 130 reps per exercise. Lotsa pushups too)

Alternate the above (2 weight training sessions and 1 Body Pump class week 1, 2 Body Pump classes and 1 weight training session week 2.... repeat)

Cardio...

Jog 2-3 x a week (about 2 miles a day.. would like to eventually get back up to 10k 2x a week)

Mountian bike 1-2hrs or MX 2-3 hrs a week on the weekend (about 80% of total time spent above anerobic threshold)

Just need to work on the diet. Between business travel, vendor lunches and general lack of willpower my diet goes from marginal to total suck.

Workouts:

We have a “WELLNESS CENTER†here at the Rockcastle County Hospital, $10.00/month for those over 60 and $20.00 under, free to hospital staff (in fact they get a small bonus for hours in the GYM), and first responders. It’s well attended, has about 25 machines, ellipticals, treadmills, and a free weight section plus some balls and trampolines. Its nine miles from home so it costs me more to get there than the usage fee.

4 – 6 times/week, I do a set workout, starting with 5 minutes on a bike then at least 10 reps on every machine (about 55 minutes/session), it would be better called a loosening up than a workout but has literally saved/prolonged my life helps with back pain also. In spite of that I find myself fighting myself to get off my fat ass and go to the GYM.

Mine has changed significantly from above. I'm now switching off chest/shoulders/triceps and legs/back/biceps. Working out every other day so everything gets his pretty hard every fours days. Work has been nuts so martial arts is down to 2-3 days a week and will likely stay there until later in the year when things fall off again. I am happy I've managed to stick with the program even with a really busy schedule.

O.K. people,beginning in December I started more intense/serious/regular exercise program.The fact that I just renewed my Bally membership probably had something to do with that decision. ($$$ ) That plus I decided to get back into downhill skiing,it is tough on your body.

It was not easy in early stages,I guess I had allowed my body to decline too much.Sour muscles and general luck of endurance was rather expected but what surprised me was the amount of pain in various joints.

I split workout 2:1 between cardio/weights and swimming pool.On the day when I swim and don`t do weights,it is just too much trouble to change cloths,etc.

Swimming is usually about 40-50 pools of freestyle followed by 10 cooldown laps (classic).

On days when I go to the gym section of the club I start with 30 minutes on cardio machine.I alternate between stationary bike and "nordic skiing" machine.It burns 350-400 calories,works your legs really good.

After that I do weight lifting on machines (more and better looking women then in "free weight' section :icon_cool: ), I typically exercise on 12-14 machines ( 2X12-14 on each),evenly splitting between upper body,legs and stomach/back.

5-10 minutes in stem room ( I guess it counts as exercise :icon_twisted: ) at the end.

I go the gym about 5 times per week,usually on weekdays.

I have not lost much weight,about 8 pounds, I`m now at 200,but I`ve probably replaced couple pounds of fat with muscles. All the pain is gone now,on couple of occasions I doubled my daily regiment with no problemo.I feel much better and stronger now and did not have flu/cold/running nose last winter.

As far as diet I did not have to change much,I was never fast/junk food person anyway,it basically came down to saying no to vending machines and,unfortunately,beer.Yea,no beer.Red wine was removed too,sad story,but good Chardonnay is passable.

All that plus portion control,like one instead of two potatoes from microwave, only one chicken breast,etc.

Typically I take apples,orange,grapefruit for lunch.

I and my half of my age nephew went to Colorado in late March,I kicked his ass on slopes . :icon_dance: Boy had to STFU and quit talking trash.

My workouts usually consist of, going to work for 9+ hours a day, then coming home and completeing some type of yard or housework/maintenance, take a small break to eat dinner, then either go out in the garage for some more mechanical maintenance of some sort, then back inside for hopefully 30-45 minutes of wined down time with the family before going to bed.... only to repeat the above process again. Any spare time I have will be spent with my Family, riding bicycles, hiking, rollerskating, watching a movie, etc.

Oh and I spend about 30 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night on the computer.... trying to catch up to whats going on in the world.

The weekends are more of the same, just without the going to work part. :icon_biggrin:

Does all that count as a work-out ? :icon_twisted:

• Upvote 1

I must confess I have fallen off. I have not worked out regularly for about a month. I havent worked out at all for a couple weeks. I need to get my shit back on track.

My current workout hits 4 different strength properties. I half ass did this for about 3 weeks. I want to crank out 4 solid weeks and then probably change up to something else. Keeps it from getting to tedious.

Monday:

Maximal Strength Sets / Reps / Load Rest Period

A1 - Squats 5 x 3 @ 5RM 60 sec.

A2 - Lying Leg Curls 5 x 3 @ 5RM 60 sec.

B1 - BB Bench Presses 5 x 3 @ 5RM 60 sec.

B2 - Seated Cable Rows 5 x 3 @ 5RM 60 sec.

C1 - Standing BB Curls 5 x 3 @ 5RM 60 sec.

C2 - Reverse-Grip Tricep Presses-Downs 5 x 3 @ 5RM 60 sec.

Tues:

Endurance Strength Sets / Reps / Load Rest Period

A1 - Seated Behind-the-Neck BB Presses 2 x 25 @ 27RM 90 sec.

A2 - Shoulder-Width Lat Pull-Downs 2 x 25 @ 27RM 90 sec.

B1 - BB Back Squats 2 x 25 @ 27RM 90 sec.

B2 - Lying Leg Curls 2 x 25 @ 27RM 90 sec.

Wed:

Low-Intensity Cardio Cardio Cardio

Thurs:

Hypertrophy/Strength Sets / Reps / Load Rest Period

A1 - BB Good Mornings 3 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec.

A2 - Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec.

B1 - 45-Degree Incline DB Bench Presses 3 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec.

B2 - Standing Upright DB Rows 3 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec.

C1 - Standing BB Reverse Curl 3 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec.

C2 - Lying BB Tricep Extensions (Skull Crushers) 3 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec.

Fri:

Low-Intensity Cardio Cardio Cardio

Sat:

Explosive Strength Sets / Reps / Load Rest Period

A - Explosive Lunges 6 x 3 @ 18RM 60 sec.

B - Explosive Sit-Ups 6 x 3 @ 18RM 60 sec.

C - Explosive BB Bench Presses 6 x 3 @ 18RM 60 sec.

D - Explosive Supinated Pull-Downs 6 x 3 @ 18RM 60 sec.

Congrats, you made me look up "supinated".

Explain the "5 x 3 @ 5RM 60 sec" shorthand to my dumb ass, wouldya? Five sets of three at five...reps per minutes? What's the 60 seconds, rest between sets?

Congrats, you made me look up "supinated".

Explain the "5 x 3 @ 5RM 60 sec" shorthand to my dumb ass, wouldya? Five sets of three at five...reps per minutes? What's the 60 seconds, rest between sets?

5 sets of 3 reps at a weight that is your 5 rep max (a weight you can lift 5 times but will probably fail on the 6th rep). Rest 60 secs between sets.

My "RM" values are close but approximate. The idea here is to keep a couple in the hole and not work to failure. Though very occasionally on the last set or two I have failed.

Got it, thanks.

I'm still too much of a pussy to go that heavy. If I can't do 8 or so reps it makes me nervous, my joints (shoulders, specifically) protest a bit even at that level. That is improving along with everything else, though.

• 1 month later...

Fell off the wagon and didn't workout regularly for a few weeks again. I got a workout or two in here and there but no consistency. This week I started SOB training. So far its fun and the workouts are shorter so that helps. I quit taking creatine for prob 6 weeks and the combo of not working out and not taking creatine really showed up in my lifts. Me = weak.

I'm currently in the OMG I'm sore as fucking hell mode. Funny since the workout doesn't *look* too bad. The parameters change up from week to week which I usually hate since its hard to gauge progress but in my current state of mind I don't give a shit and just want to do some work.

SOB Training

by Chad Waterbury

Original Article Can be Found on T-Nation @ http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=561180

Day 1 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Bench Press 10 x 3 @ 6RM 75 sec

Chin Ups 10 x 3 @ 6RM 75 sec

Deadlift 10 x 3 @ 6RM 75 sec

Standing Calf Raises 10 x 3 @ 6RM 75 sec

Day 2 GPP or Cardio

Day 3 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Squat (narrow) 2 x 30 @ 34 RM 180 sec

Laying DB Rows 2 x 30 @ 34 RM 180 sec

Standing Military DB Press 2 x 30 @ 34 RM 180 sec

French Presses 2 x 30 @ 34 RM 180 sec

Day 4 GPP or Cardio

Day 5 Sets/Reps Rest

Lat pulldown 2 x 30 @ 34 RM 180 sec

Romanian Deadlift 2 x 30 @ 34 RM 180 sec

DB Bench Press 2 x 30 @ 34 RM 180 sec

Sit-ups 2 x 30 @ 34 RM 180 sec

Day 6 GPP or Cardio

Day 7 Sets/Reps Rest

Front Squat (wide) 10 x 3 @ 6RM 75 sec

Dips 10 x 3 @ 6RM 75 sec

BB Rows 10 x 3 @ 6RM 75 sec

Standing BB Curls 10 x 3 @ 6RM 75 sec

Day 8 (optional) GPP or Cardio

Day 9 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Bench Press 6 x 5 @ 8RM 75 sec

Pull Ups 6 x 5 @ 8RM 75 sec

Good Mornings 6 x 5 @ 8RM 75 sec

Sit-ups 6 x 5 @ 8RM 75 sec

Day 10 GPP or Cardio

Day 11 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Squat (narrow) 4 x 15 @ 18RM 120 sec

BB Rows 4 x 15 @ 18RM 120 sec

Standing Military BB Press 4 x 15 @ 18RM 120 sec

Standing Hammer Curls 4 x 15 @ 18RM 120 sec

Day 12 GPP or Cardio

Day 13 Sets/Reps Rest

Chin-ups (or lat pulldown) 4 x 15 @ 18RM 120 sec

Sumo Deadlift 4 x 15 @ 18RM 120 sec

DB Bench Press 4 x 15 @ 18RM 120 sec

Donkey Calf Raises 4 x 15 @ 18RM 120 sec

Day 14 GPP or Cardio

Day 15 Sets/Reps Rest

Front Squat (wide) 6 x 5 @ 8RM 75 sec

Dips 6 x 5 @ 8RM 75 sec

Laying DB Rows 6 x 5 @ 8RM 75 sec

Close Grip Bench Press 6 x 5 @ 8RM 75 sec

Day 16 Rest Rest

Day 17 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Bench Press 12 x 2 @ 5RM 75 sec

Chin Ups 12 x 2 @ 5RM 75 sec

Deadlift 12 x 2 @ 5RM 75 sec

Standing Calf Raises 12 x 2 @ 5RM 75 sec

Day 18 GPP or Cardio

Day 19 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Squat (wide) 1 x 50 @ 50 RM 180 sec

Laying DB Rows 1 x 50 @ 50 RM 180 sec

Standing Military DB Press 1 x 50 @ 50 RM 180 sec

French Presses 1 x 50 @ 50 RM 180 sec

Day 20 GPP or Cardio

Day 21 Sets/Reps Rest

Lat pulldown 1 x 50 @ 50 RM 180 sec

Romanian Deadlift 1 x 50 @ 50 RM 180 sec

DB Bench Press 1 x 50 @ 50 RM 180 sec

Sit-ups 1 x 50 @ 50 RM 180 sec

Day 22 GPP or Cardio

Day 23 Sets/Reps Rest

Front Squat (narrow) 12 x 2 @ 5RM 75 sec

Dips 12 x 2 @ 5RM 75 sec

BB Rows 12 x 2 @ 5RM 75 sec

Standing BB Curls 12 x 2 @ 5RM 75 sec

Day 24 (optional) GPP or Cardio

Day 25 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Bench Press 10 x 3 @ 6RM 60 sec

Pull Ups 10 x 3 @ 6RM 60 sec

Good Mornings 10 x 3 @ 6RM 60 sec

Sit-ups 10 x 3 @ 6RM 60 sec

Day 26 GPP or Cardio

Day 27 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Squat (wide) 3 x 20 @ 24RM 120 sec

BB Rows 3 x 20 @ 24RM 120 sec

Standing Military BB Press 3 x 20 @ 24RM 120 sec

Standing Hammer Curls 3 x 20 @ 24RM 120 sec

Day 28 GPP or Cardio

Day 29 Sets/Reps Rest

Chin-ups (or lat pulldown) 3 x 20 @ 24RM 120 sec

Sumo Deadlift 3 x 20 @ 24RM 120 sec

DB Bench Press 3 x 20 @ 24RM 120 sec

Donkey Calf Raises 3 x 20 @ 24RM 120 sec

Day 30 GPP or Cardio

Day 31 Sets/Reps Rest

Front Squat (narrow) 10 x 3 @ 6RM 60 sec

Dips 10 x 3 @ 6RM 60 sec

Laying DB Rows 10 x 3 @ 6RM 60 sec

Close Grip Bench Press 10 x 3 @ 6RM 60 sec

Day 32 Rest Rest

• 2 weeks later...
My workouts usually consist of, going to work for 9+ hours a day, then coming home and completeing some type of yard or housework/maintenance, take a small break to eat dinner, then either go out in the garage for some more mechanical maintenance of some sort, then back inside for hopefully 30-45 minutes of wined down time with the family before going to bed.... only to repeat the above process again. Any spare time I have will be spent with my Family, riding bicycles, hiking, rollerskating, watching a movie, etc.

Oh and I spend about 30 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night on the computer.... trying to catch up to whats going on in the world.

The weekends are more of the same, just without the going to work part. :icon_biggrin:

Does all that count as a work-out ? :icon_twisted:

That is exactly my workout as well. At 53, I have about 25lbs that need to go away for good. Don't wait too long to start like I did - the climb back up is deadly! :icon_banghead:

• 1 month later...

OK the wildly varying set/rep parameters from one week to the next were not working for me. I like to change it up and like to use different set/rep parameters during the week but those (see above) were so different it was impossible get a feel for how much weight to use much less track progress. It was great to do for a few weeks though just for something different. I tweaked the above routine a bit and have been doing it for a couple weeks now. I like it. The workouts are short but tough.

Day 1 Sets/Reps Rest

BB Bench Press 5 x 5 @ 8RM 60 sec

Pull Ups 5 x 5 @ 8RM 60 sec

Deadlift 5 x 5 @ 8RM 60 sec

Standing Calf Raises 5 x 5 @ 8RM 60 sec

Day 2 Sets/Reps Rest

Front Squat 4 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec

BB Rows 4 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec

Standing Military DB Press 4 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec

Hammer Curl 4 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec

Day 3 Off or Light cardio

Day 4 Sets/Reps Rest

Romanian Deadlift 4 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec

Dips 4 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec

Power Clean 4 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec

Sit-ups 4 x 8 @ 10RM 75 sec

Day 5 Sets/Reps Rest

Back Squat 3 x 12 @ 14RM 120 sec

Inc DB Press 3 x 12 @ 14RM 120 sec

Chin Ups 3 x 12 @ 14RM 120 sec

Lateral Raise 3 x 12 @ 14RM 120 sec

Day 6/7 off

• 4 months later...
Looks like this thread is pretty dead now. I'm a P90X junkie. Starting my third rotation (slightly modified). Anyone else do P90X?

The wife bought it (we did P90 too) and she started out but didn't make it very far. I've used several of the individual work outs when I wanted to do some cardio to go with my lifting. Its a great system for fat loss and overall fitness.

Looks like this thread is pretty dead now. I'm a P90X junkie. Starting my third rotation (slightly modified). Anyone else do P90X?

The wife bought it (we did P90 too) and she started out but didn't make it very far. I've used several of the individual work outs when I wanted to do some cardio to go with my lifting. Its a great system for fat loss and overall fitness.

P90X will also pack some muscle on if you keep things in the 8-10 rep zone. Not like heavy weight lifting will, but it does put muscle on if that's your goal. I lifted weights for many years back in the day, but haven't done it much for 10 years now.

The Legs and Back routine is just wicked. I've probably done it over 30 times now and it just never gets easier. All the workouts are hard, and none ever get "easy" if you push yourself, but L/B is in a nasty class of its own! I just wish I could change out the soundtracks, I get sick of the same yappie yappie from Tony LOL.

P90X will also pack some muscle on if you keep things in the 8-10 rep zone. Not like heavy weight lifting will, but it does put muscle on if that's your goal. I lifted weights for many years back in the day, but haven't done it much for 10 years now.

The Legs and Back routine is just wicked. I've probably done it over 30 times now and it just never gets easier. All the workouts are hard, and none ever get "easy" if you push yourself, but L/B is in a nasty class of its own! I just wish I could change out the soundtracks, I get sick of the same yappie yappie from Tony LOL.

I have come to be a big believer in the Russian kettle bell. I have a 36lb, 44lb and 72lb bell. With the lighter bells, I can do one or two hand swings, cleans, pulls and overhead snatches (at least 25 reps per set if two hand, 20 reps per hand if one arm), mix it up with anything I can dream up really, and work all major muscle groups in 20 or 25 minutes. The heavier bell calls for greater discretion because it will f**k you up in a hurry if you're not careful with it. The things provide a fantastic resistance workout which, frankly, eliminates the line between "cardio" and "weights." (false dichotomy for the most part). Kettle bells keep my weight in check, keep my clothes fitting and make me feel "strong like bull" at age 53. Back problems are a thing of the past. They look silly but they work magic. When I get bored with them (not often) I do the barbell complex routines, which are also highly effective.

Cheers....