CBR1100XX.org Forum

Good short indicator options?

Nova Scotia Mike

My xx came with a givi wing rack setup and PO cut the original rear signals off and stuck on some crappy little pieces of crap that have likely almost gotten me killed a few times. I think they are just those little bubble things that truckers put on the roof of their rigs. Pretty much everyone I go on a group ride with says, "your rear signals suck". PO did not include original Honda stockers when I bought the bike.

Any suggestions? I have the wing rack on frequently so something short that fits would be great.

Cheers,

Mike

I went back to OEM signals from the Givi ones I didn't like on my wingrack. I took the rubber portion off and either had to use new bolts or some other way to shim the studs so that they were on tight. You could still grab them and "turn" them vertically, but they stay in place on their own with no problems.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Zero, uh..Sylvia. Find some OEM ones on eBay then bob them. You could also get some wingrack signals, they aren't cheap. If you find some at a decent price let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIVI-COMPLETE-INDICATOR-TURN-SIGNAL-FOR-THE-WINGRACK-WING-RACK-RIGHT-HAND-/400576259457

I bought LED turn signals for about $25 and replaced the flasher with one I bought from clear alternatives for under $20. They are very bright

I also replaced the tail light with a Clear Alternative tail light with integrated turn signals.

On my other XX with the Mototek Undertail I bought a license plate bracket with LED strips on either side that are wired as turn signals. I don't recall where I got that.

As others above, I'm using the stockers with the boot removed too. I just recall it was a bitch to get them on, I think needed a right angle screwdriver.

IIRC, the boot screws onto the light, and then the boot bolts onto the fender. You end up using the screw part through the locator pin hole to reattach to fender. I think just need to add a few spacer washers or shorter screw.

They can potentially "spin" but I haven't really had any problems with it happening while riding. If I ever take them off, I may add a dab of silicone adhesive to help secure.

I agree with Zero, uh..Sylvia. Find some OEM ones on eBay then bob them. You could also get some wingrack signals, they aren't cheap. If you find some at a decent price let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIVI-COMPLETE-INDICATOR-TURN-SIGNAL-FOR-THE-WINGRACK-WING-RACK-RIGHT-HAND-/400576259457

THIS!

Or if you don't want to use the stockers, Get a pair from Competition Werkes. Just make sure you order the 23 watt versions. The 10 watt versions are no better than the cheap crap off eBay.

As others above, I'm using the stockers with the boot removed too. I just recall it was a bitch to get them on, I think needed a right angle screwdriver.

IIRC, the boot screws onto the light, and then the boot bolts onto the fender. You end up using the screw part through the locator pin hole to reattach to fender. I think just need to add a few spacer washers or shorter screw.

They can potentially "spin" but I haven't really had any problems with it happening while riding. If I ever take them off, I may add a dab of silicone adhesive to help secure.

+2 or whatever it is now for bobbing a set of OEM units. Mine never moved or rotated in 40k or so miles I had them that way.

93386748.jpg