CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi Sport Touring Windscreen to trade

This Givi in in like-new condition came with the bike, but Ideally I'd prefer a short sportier smoked double bubble(Zero Gravity or the likes, something befitting a Blackbird). This probably wont amount to much, but hoping maybe someone would like to trade outright. If not, I'll just buy one and sell this one currently on the bike, but hoping to kill 2 birds... I can provide better pics, and the smoked double bubble DOES NOT have to be perfect.  The bike does not come with the windscreen, LOL, let me know what you think.

blackbird.jpg

I like the OEM, the very 1st one you posted. Looks like its about 16" high from end to end?  Apples to apples(I think), mine is 19'5.  17"wide, same as yours. This being the case, yeah, definitely. Supposed to be pretty shitty this weekend anyway. PM me, we'll iron it out if this is what you're interested in. 

windscrn1.jpg

windscrn2.jpg

What an absolutely excruciating experience that was. A windscreen truly doesnt need to be as complicated as that was  to reinstall. Luckily I had a stash of welnuts laying around, because I used damn near all of them. WOW.😐

winscrnfinal.jpg

This reminds me of a conversation we had on the CBR email list.  Someone asked "how hard is it to do" some job, not sure what.  The general consensus was that you have to rate your own ability and experience from 10-Can rebuild motor through exhaust with pliers to 0-injures self with screwdriver while buying it.  I believe our new member here might be a 1?

But now that I think about it, that whole well nut/slide in thing sucks with the stock screen because it's ultra thick.

Long story short, the way the screen has to line up and slide down just right wasnt condusive to well nuts staying put. In all fairness though, it may not have been so bad if my garage wasnt sweltering hot. It was probably overkill, but I ended up removing the 2 upper inside trim pieces that afix to the cluster. That helped a bit.  All said though, I'm very happy with the appearance . More sporty.

3 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

I believe our new member here might be a 1?

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but doubtful😁 Aside from tire changes and bearings here and there, I've wrenched on ALL my bikes for a number of years. Not gonna lie though, that was a pain in the balls(and I only say that because it was just a windscreen).

37 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

It has happened to everyone.

Nope.  I've never ended up with a bike in pieces for six months because the mirror mount was loose.  Never.

9 hours ago, singram said:

winscrnfinal.jpg

That little Honda sticker looks nice on there.

I won't be installing the one you sent. ...never intended to. It's about the same height as my Zero Gravity. 

I hope you enjoy the XX.

9 hours ago, XXitanium said:

That little Honda sticker looks nice on there.

I won't be installing the one you sent. ...never intended to. It's about the same height as my Zero Gravity. 

I hope you enjoy the XX.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that! I definitely appreciate my new-to-me oem screen, so thanks again for that. I'll be sure to pay it forward on the site when I eventually get the double bubbly screen. That Givi I believe is in near perfect condition. I dont know much about that brand as I dont get into luggage, but maybe you can get a few bucks from it, or have it for a very nice spare?

Anyway, very much appreciated and have a great(hopefully long) holiday weekend!!

• Upvote 1