CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbirds

silverbird1100

• 2 weeks later...

It's horrifyingly ugly, but mostly a clean job so I give him kudos for that.  The red reflector on the front is retarded and I'm guessing the rest of the crack kicked in about the time he started the riveting of the rear fender.

23 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

0983F24D-A2B1-4C6E-AA20-476E2C5EC2FC.jpeg

There's an exhaust style I've never seen.  Seems out of place.  I Wonder what it sounds like?

Another one that road crashed, and, WHAT THE FUCK is this shit about never been washed with water.  I mean, I appreciate the warning that it's probably filthy as fuck where you can't see it, but I think he implies this is a good thing???

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2000-Honda-Cbr-5021362901?cmp=email_cycle_search-alert

image.png

11 hours ago, jon haney said:

There's an exhaust style I've never seen.  Seems out of place.  I Wonder what it sounds like?

The sound would probably be very similar to a single with equivalent packing/baffling...if it has any.  Being that they're different lengths would change things a bit, but they're probably not different enough to make a big impact.

I'm curious about the thing on the rear fender.  There's a hose or cable coming down to the swingarm that probably connects to that thing.  Goofy oiler placement perhaps?

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

The sound would probably be very similar to a single with equivalent packing/baffling...if it has any.  Being that they're different lengths would change things a bit, but they're probably not different enough to make a big impact.

I'm curious about the thing on the rear fender.  There's a hose or cable coming down to the swingarm that probably connects to that thing.  Goofy oiler placement perhaps?

Scottoiler. Mine works great, difficult to find a vertical mount on the bird though. I guess I can see why he put it there but does look stupid. 

11 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Another one that road crashed, and, WHAT THE FUCK is this shit about never been washed with water.  I mean, I appreciate the warning that it's probably filthy as fuck where you can't see it, but I think he implies this is a good thing???

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2000-Honda-Cbr-5021362901?cmp=email_cycle_search-alert

image.png

Maybe he only uses spray wash out of a bottle type of thing.  Neither of my bikes have ever been washed with a hose but then they have never been ridden in the rain.  They do get wiped off as soon as I pull in with a wet sponge and dried.

Sponge baths for bikes...now I've heard it all 😆

Mine get washed, but not often.  As soon as I'm done I use a blow gun to get the water out of the nooks and crannies, then towel it off.  Riding it right after finishes the drying.

• 3 weeks later...