CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbirds

silverbird1100

3 hours ago, jon haney said:

I'm thinking you should invest in a "stunt cage".

Poor bike.  That's like taking a picture of your Grandma or Grandpa before helping them up, after you knocked them down.

Man, I love my blackbirds. I put tens upon tens of thousand miles on that bike, and if we went down from time to time that’s still a hell of a lot better life than some of those beauty queens have had. 

We have been to the end of the road in two countries, been to countless bars and honky tonks, national parks, deserts and mountains and have gotten to ride with some of the best (OzarkXX being a huge omission)

I could have gotten a 650 or something like that, maybe that I could handle better, but fuck it.

Oh, and the real story to the pictures........

It had been dropped several times before I realized that at my age (I was 50 when I got it) it was not safe for me to get up, snatch the bike upright, and keep going. I learned to take off my gear, maybe smoke a pipe, collect my thoughts, and let the adrenaline wear off before I wrenched my back. So I had time to do a photo shoot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RXX said:

It had been dropped several times before I realized that at my age (I was 50 when I got it) it was not safe for me to get up, snatch the bike upright, and keep going. I learned to take off my gear, maybe smoke a pipe, collect my thoughts, and let the adrenaline wear off before I wrenched my back. So I had time to do a photo shoot.

I've found my bikes napping a few times and got the "must lift it now!!!!" feeling for no good reason, especially the one that fell sometime during the night.  The only real concern would be if it were laying at an angle where oil could start seeping past the rings, then hydrolock on startup.  I don't know what the angle would have to be, guessing the top of the bike would have to be on the low side.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:50 AM, jon haney said:

I'm thinking you should invest in a "stunt cage".

Poor bike.  That's like taking a picture of your Grandma or Grandpa before helping them up, after you knocked them 

I agree, bikes have feelings too. 

Edited by silverbird1100

On 12/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, RXX said:

Man, I love my blackbirds. I put tens upon tens of thousand miles on that bike, and if we went down from time to time that’s still a hell of a lot better life than some of those beauty queens have had. 

We have been to the end of the road in two countries, been to countless bars and honky tonks, national parks, deserts and mountains and have gotten to ride with some of the best (OzarkXX being a huge omission)

I could have gotten a 650 or something like that, maybe that I could handle better, but fuck it.

Oh, and the real story to the pictures........

So, your Bird is more of a drinking buddy, then a mistress?  I get it now.🍺

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2022 at 2:25 PM, silverbird1100 said:

Love how he spends all that money on an undertail then shods it with Shinko’s 0A9F61B2-74E2-4BA4-8189-54575D0BA061.jpeg

Nice seat warmer.

Crackhead.  Road rashed 99 "priced to move" at $6800.  WTF.  And no pics.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1999-Honda-CBR+1100XX-5020795486?cmp=email_cycle_search-alert

The Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird. Advertised by Honda as the fastest production bike available in 1998 and named after the American spy plane, Blackbird. Super low miles at 8773. That is correct 8,773 miles. All services are up to date. Ride is smooth and very fast very quick. Has some road rash thus priced to sell at $6799. Warning! This bike is very powerful and demands an experienced rider.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Crackhead.  Road rashed 99 "priced to move" at $6800.  WTF.  And no pics.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1999-Honda-CBR+1100XX-5020795486?cmp=email_cycle_search-alert

The Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird. Advertised by Honda as the fastest production bike available in 1998 and named after the American spy plane, Blackbird. Super low miles at 8773. That is correct 8,773 miles. All services are up to date. Ride is smooth and very fast very quick. Has some road rash thus priced to sell at $6799. Warning! This bike is very powerful and demands an experienced rider.

LOL.  Owner's name must be P.T. Barnum.