CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbirds

silverbird1100

I saw a black one caked with a  variety of white stickers Sunday in far NW Illinois. I'd guess about 45 minutes northeast of Dubuque IA.

It was waiting to turn out onto the highway accompanied by a bagger of some sort. I gave him #1, hindsight, should have flipped the bird...  ;)

No.4 above - kind of an CBR1100-RD homage? It is sexy.

82060997_10157175392577730_7027083915261116416_o.jpg.be5cbe2451a2005cc2a288cccda85e61.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XXitanium said:

I saw a black one caked with a  variety of white stickers Sunday in far NW Illinois. I'd guess about 45 minutes northeast of Dubuque IA.

It was waiting to turn out onto the highway accompanied by a bagger of some sort. I gave him #1, hindsight, should have flipped the bird...  ;)

No.4 above - kind of an CBR1100-RD homage? It is sexy.

82060997_10157175392577730_7027083915261116416_o.jpg.be5cbe2451a2005cc2a288cccda85e61.jpg

I love this, and I also hate it.  Now I want to see one painted like a classic Hurricane.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

I love this, and I also hate it.

Same here.  If I owned it I don't know if it would grow on me or I'd slap myself for having bought it.

18 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

Lotta work of that front end, including a lot higher bars 

Yep.  The clutch and brake reservoirs (height) are the only thing I would change.

They're all nice (well, almost all).

The only pic of a ridden bike, I believe is one of ours, taken at Deals Gap.

#4 with magenta and gold striping is simply gorgeous at that distance.  Lotsa work.  It looks as though the exhaust in front of the muffler is black chrome.  Can't call it a midpipe because its part of the exhaust can.

• 2 weeks later...

Love No.4, but intrigued by the polished chrome one too, reminiscent of the Norton race bikes in recent TT's

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 9:00 AM, SwampNut said:

I love this, and I also hate it.  Now I want to see one painted like a classic Hurricane.

The midnight black is a gorgeous color, very subtle. It has a cool glow to it, very fine metallic in the clear coat.

3 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

C03795B4-277D-4C8D-9F81-D1B742454C3C.jpeg

Interesting place to put the oil cooler heater.  I'm almost positive he'd be better off eliminating it than putting it there.  I don't know how hot the pipes get when riding, but at idle they hit about 400F.

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Interesting place to put the oil cooler heater.  I'm almost positive he'd be better off eliminating it than putting it there.  I don't know how hot the pipes get when riding, but at idle they hit about 400F.

Here's the info. 30% reduction in rad size. 

https://motoridersuniverse.com/news/1255036-streetfighter-airbender-based-on-honda-super-blackbird-1100xx.html

Edited by silverbird1100

30% reduction in radiator cooling, oil cooler between the headers and cylinder block...perfect on a bike that tends to run on the hot side in stock form.  And it says "flipped inlet and outlet", if they're using the upper radiator nipple as the outlet from the rad that could become a very bad time.

14 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

30% reduction in radiator cooling, oil cooler between the headers and cylinder block...perfect on a bike that tends to run on the hot side in stock form.  And it says "flipped inlet and outlet", if they're using the upper radiator nipple as the outlet from the rad that could become a very bad time.

Show bike.  Not intended to be ridden in traffic on a hot mildly warm day.