CBR1100XX.org Forum

Looking for a sprocket by dimensions...any suggestions?

rockmeupto125

Hey all, I'm in need of a special sprocket.

It's got a bolt circle of 3.5 inches by quick guesstimation with a tape measure, 5 bolts.  There used to be catalogs online that one could search, not any more, apparently, or google searches need to throw you to advertisers negates the actual search. 

Anybody got any ideas?   I need a 530 pitch, 45 tooth sprocket with a bolt circle of 3.5 inches and 5 bolts.  Inner bore probably 2.5 inches or so.   I just wouldn't expect it to be a proprietary sprocket when there are plenty of off the shelf designs available.  Thanks!

JT gives the dimensions of their sprockets in their online catalog, but it can only be searched by application so that makes it *a little* time-consuming.

Can you share the application?  Or is it too obscure for a search?

29 minutes ago, IcePrick said:

JT gives the dimensions of their sprockets in their online catalog, but it can only be searched by application so that makes it *a little* time-consuming.

Can you share the application?  Or is it too obscure for a search?

It may be for a personal thingy he would just as soon us not know about. And with those specs, I’d just as soon not know.

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

Sex swings use pulleys, not sprockets.

Ropes use pulleys, chains use sprockets.

It's a lightweight wheel I thought I was getting a good deal on.  Came with an aluminum sprocket and I thought I'd change it out with no real problem.  The Caro's for instance take a Kawi sprocket as I recall.  This is a TWM wheel, looks very similar to the stock one.

Here's a representative.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CBR1100XX-TWM-Rear-Wheel-yyy-/264667888588?_ul=IL

56 minutes ago, rockmeupto125 said:

It's a lightweight wheel I thought I was getting a good deal on.  Came with an aluminum sprocket and I thought I'd change it out with no real problem.  The Caro's for instance take a Kawi sprocket as I recall.  This is a TWM wheel, looks very similar to the stock one.

Here's a representative.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CBR1100XX-TWM-Rear-Wheel-yyy-/264667888588?_ul=IL

Ah.  Looks like a Ducati-ish adaptor.  That's going to be a fun journey.

A friend tells me that several of the aftermarket wheel companies use the same sprocket - Marchesini Type A.  

Check out Supersprox  rst-7090-45 or Sunstar RM-102.  The dimensions seem off for what you measured but I don’t know how accurate you got - 76mm center and 100mm bolt circle.

Also, the center could be larger and still work right?  Isn't all the load on the bolts anyway?  And it would not be expensive to have one with a smaller hole machined out.  I had some wheels with too-small center holes cut at a machine shop for under $20 per.

Ooooh...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blank+sprocket&atb=v270-1&ia=web

37 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Also, the center could be larger and still work right?  Isn't all the load on the bolts anyway?  And it would not be expensive to have one with a smaller hole machined out.  I had some wheels with too-small center holes cut at a machine shop for under $20 per.

Ooooh...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blank+sprocket&atb=v270-1&ia=web

There are custom-machined options as well, probably stupid expensive though.  One thing I've noticed is that most of the super light aftermarket wheels use 520 chains to stay with the weight loss regimen.