CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD: Blue 2000 XX - SW Ohio - $4500

I've been trying to talk myself into selling this for a couple of years now, ever since I bought an FJR in '17 and started riding it much more frequently. I do most of my riding commuting to/from work and the FJR is just more convenient for that. As such, this bike has mostly just sat for the last few years. I've started and ridden it a few times each season (enough to run a tank of gas through it at least) but mostly because I felt I needed to. So, I think it's time to let it go.

2000 XX, OEM Candy Phoenix Blue

50,603km on the odometer (31,443 miles). I purchased in 2014 with 28,123 miles.

Oil changes & chain lube annually even though I haven't put many miles on it.

Originally sold in Australia, the bike was imported to the US two owners ago (or so I was told). So, Candy Phoenix Blue is the correct color for this bike. As an AU bike, the odometer reads in km, as does the original speedo. I put overlay gauge faces on it that read in mph, but the original faces are underneath and unaltered.

Modifications/upgrades:

• Forks were rebuilt & resprung for a 220lb rider by Reuben @ 35 Motorsports
  • Rear shock is an adjustable CBR900RR unit also rebuilt by 35 Motorsports for a 220lb rider
  • Stebel Nautilus replacement horn (loud)
  • Shorai LiFe battery
  • Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seat finished in carbon fiber with blue piping (removable backrest comes with the bike)
  • Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen in dark smoke. I have a couple of other windscreens that come with the bike.
  • Jaws Crash Shrooms frame sliders (no fairing modifications necessary)
  • Helibar bar risers
  • RAM ball mount for phone/GPS/whatever
  • 18-tooth front sprocket

There are some blemishes here and there, most of which were poorly touched up by the previous owner. You don't see them from a distance but you'll see them up close. I've attached a few photos here but you'll find more in this album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BE65mpdQubsaw1ze8

I'm somewhat torn on selling and frankly not in a hurry, but I also haven't been watching the market for XXs. So, if I'm way off base with pricing this isn't an "I know what I have" situation, it's just me not knowing what it's worth. Let me know. Worst case, I decide it's not worth selling and hold onto it. :)

IMG_20210418_183056.jpg

IMG_20210418_183312.jpg

IMG_20210418_183239.jpg

IMG_20210418_183225.jpg

IMG_20210418_183213.jpg

IMG_20210418_183153.jpg

IMG_20210418_183136.jpg

IMG_20210418_183120.jpg

Edited by SoloTSi97
Sold
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, JoWhee said:

Nice looking bike, I wonder if the Aussie blue was different than the 99-00 Canadian blue? 

image.thumb.png.fa125392884bbe936a37bb70809c80da.png

It's not. If you recall, you helped me locate some plastics for it a few years ago through a Canadian dealership. 

1 minute ago, SoloTSi97 said:

It's not. If you recall, you helped me locate some plastics for it a few years ago through a Canadian dealership. 

I remember that, but I thought they were the same colour.

4 minutes ago, JoWhee said:

I remember that, but I thought they were the same colour.

They are the same color. Sorry, I meant "it's not" in response to your question "are they different?" 🙃

• SoloTSi97 changed the title to SOLD: Blue 2000 XX - SW Ohio - $4500