CBR1100XX.org Forum

I'm not a real biker.

XXitanium

Real bikers.............

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville Police investigators on Monday identified the two victims in a fatal shooting that occurred Friday night in the parking lot of a North Knoxville bar. 

KPD says Kenneth Burgett, 46, of Knoxville, and Patrick Petty, 30, of Harrogate, Tenn. were shot and killed in a conflict believed to have involved two motorcycle clubs at the Hatmaker’s Bar & Grill off Tazewell Pike.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, XXitanium said:

But not a quip for all the people in DC who use the military for free travel for their own needs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I parked my bike under a tree the night before last. After I fed the hummingbirds I went out to move my bike and there's little black dots all over it. I thought what the hell did the kid drop a can of black spray paint and have it spray all of everything in the garage?

After a while it occurred to me with the little black specks were. Hummingbird squat.

It should wash right off right?

So we have a dozen marginal crazies wandering around renting this VRBO. I was looking for a specific coffee cup this morning cuz they're all little European espresso cups but one was big. Somebody asked which one I was looking for I said the one with something about women power and yellow flowers.

It was right in front of my nose on the shelf I didn't see it.

Somebody read the quote,"When sleeping women wake, mountains move" ...and said "What, their boobs?"

20220618_081232.jpg

55 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

I parked my bike under a tree the night before last. After I fed the hummingbirds I went out to move my bike and there's little black dots all over it. I thought what the hell did the kid drop a can of black spray paint and have it spray all of everything in the garage?

After a while it occurred to me with the little black specks were. Hummingbird squat.

Sorry, but NO.     Those spots are now there FOREVER.

However, now is a great time to get creative and add more spots using paint and give it a really unique look.

Send us pics when you get it finished  :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, XXitanium said:

Now you know why I don't have a back yard feeder.  If you feed them they reward you by crapping all over your lawn furniture. 

4 hours ago, XXitanium said:

He does not mention them pooping. ...perhaps a sequel?

Ashley was sitting under one of the feeders and got pooped on, it was like a water droplet.  If they're messy eaters it's possible it was a drop of sugar water coming off it's beak.  After hearing of the black spots on the bike from being under a feeder I got curious and inspected the areas around mine and there's nothing visible.

They didn't poop at the feeders. They are nesting about 20 feet away in an ornamental crab tree. I parked our bikes under it kinda fir shelter and because there was a paver sidewalk for our side-stands.

They were doing their business out of the tree.

Edited by XXitanium
Clarity. Damn it.

6 hours ago, XXitanium said:

They didn't poop at tge feeders. Thet are nesting about 20 feet away in an ornamental crab tree. I parked our bikes under it kibda fir shelter and because there was a oaver sidewalk for our side-srands.

They were doing their business out if the tree.

Or maybe it was the tree doing its business.  I got curious and looked into it, the liquid they expel is usually clear to yellow-ish, unless they've been hitting feeders with food coloring, and the only black would be undigested remnants of bugs, wings and heads seem to pass through.  They shit/piss in spurts rather than little droplets, tho at distance it might break up into droplets.  It seems somewhat unlikely that the little black specs are from the hummingbirds.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My commute is 40 miles each direction. This year there's 15 miles of it torn up road construction on the four lane. So I've been avoiding two wheels and going for the air conditioning and ability to sit in traffic and kind of veg.

People at work have been asking me why I'm not riding my bike. Feeling like a bit of a failure. Today is 82° and big puffy clouds and a very slight breeze. I could not have ordered a better day... And I didn't ride my bike.

Edited by XXitanium

I haven't even had the Harley a whole 2 years yet and I've already racked up 46 miles!  Today will be the 3rd or 4th time I clean it up for the sale photos, hopefully I'll stick to it this time.

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2022 at 4:55 PM, XXitanium said:

One of my fellow travelers sent this.

He does not mention them pooping. ...perhaps a sequel?

Biagyb7AcK8

I finally watched the video and he touches on the subject, sorta.  Near the end where the mom and babies are being shown in infrared.

• 2 months later...

Was supposed to go to Missouri yesterday to this 

https://www.gatewayriders.com/falling-leaf/ 

I don't really care about rally activities, I would do my own ride, but it would be a good base camp, and there would be people around in the evening to kick tires, talk BS, campfire 🔥 and all other things of that nature.

Left work before noon yesterday, but after 1 hr or so turned around and went home, because I felt like a shit.

Got back home and it got worse. No temperature but I was shivering and muscle pain, like mild flu. Called my doctor friend, he said probably Omicron. Got prescription of Paxlovid. Took sleeping pill. I slept in my winter down jacket, under thick down comforter, that's after I cranked up havc to 76 degree. Lol.

I woke up brand new. No symptoms.

So much for riding Ozarks this year. 😕boooo.

19 hours ago, XXitanium said:

SWMBO has decread there shall be a ride towards the lake the call Gitchie Gumi

https://www.lakesuperior.com/the-lake/lake-superior/281almanac/

Guess who'd rather drink coffee.

The crew of the Edmund Fitzgerald?

• Upvote 1