CBR1100XX.org Forum

***SOLD-2000 CBR1100XX for sale has only 1,526 miles

20 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Exactly what it looks like.  Onboard music.  The body with CD player was under the seat, I made a cable to mount the removable faceplate up on the bars.  Custom fiberglass box and brackets.  That when to an Autocom to integrate the detector and phone.

Okay makes way more sense the body of the stereo was under the seat. Hard to see the depth from the pic. I used to have a Sony Diskman in my magnetic tanks bag.

Portables of the time tended to skip in hard riding, and also none of them supported MP3 CDs.  A single CD was too annoying to fuck with for long rides.  That player could handle CD-RW *data* discs with MP3 files, and play them as normal discs.  So IIRC, one disc could hold about ten normal CDs.

undertray_hole.jpg

tray_form.jpg

unit_installed.jpg

cover.jpg

head_inside.jpg

headfinished.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Bike is at it's new home. LONG drive to get it.... about 2,550 miles in just over 3 days, including eat, sleep, and pee time. Only stopped for one night in motel, and at a Route 66 museum. Going to have a lot of fun with it! (As soon as I finish the garage....)

20210708_083925.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 7/8/2021 at 8:50 PM, TOXXIC said:

Congrats Alan!  Kind of blasphemous having it out in a dirt field. Detailing Dave will pass out when he sees this picture! LOL

That dirt field is my driveway, still under construction. Welcome to rural AZ! That is Joyce's garden shed in the background.

I had just unloaded it from the truck, backed up to a small hill to decrease the angle on the ramp.

Other questions: Yes, it runs, turns out it was maintained despite sitting most of its life. Could use some fresh gas I am sure, but new tires more. Has Michelin Macadams that I haven't seen for ages. Because of sitting in a garage and having relatively few heat cycles they weren't as bad as I imagined. I actually test rode it even, very carefully! 21 year old tires....yikes!

Felt identical to my '97, riding it was second nature. Very happy with it, just have to finish it's home! Speaking of which, we got the 3rd wall up today, 4th tomorrow, and roof by next week. Super excited about that!!

That is the XX already residing in it's future home...

20210709_172401.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Alanb said:

Speaking of which, we got the 3rd wall up today, 4th tomorrow, and roof by next week. Super excited about that!!

Great looking shop, nice work!

19 hours ago, RXX said:

Welcome to the country!

Hahaha, doubtful with all that desert landscape Alan will need many farming tips....but maybe?  Far cry from when Alan lived on a sailboat in a Seattle marina with a cat when I met him about 20+ years ago.

On 4/20/2021 at 11:58 PM, azxr said:

The one on the left is the national defense service medal indicating he served.  Not sure of the one on the right.

Looking closer the one on the right might be the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal but hard to tell because of the bright spot on the picture.  
Color correctness is poor but that appears to be what they are.

image.png.919e84eca46a844e85c27874a9d7148f.png

Pretty sure you are right. I have both of those.

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:50 PM, TOXXIC said:

Hahaha, doubtful with all that desert landscape Alan will need many farming tips....but maybe?  Far cry from when Alan lived on a sailboat in a Seattle marina with a cat when I met him about 20+ years ago.

Joyce has big garden plans, but from what we have seen so far this year it is an uphill battle. Will update later...  as for when we met, yes, a lot of changes between then and now,  for both of us! Life has been quite the journey. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Alanb said:

as for when we met, yes, a lot of changes between then and now,  for both of us! Life has been quite the journey. 

Very true, tons of changes! I have a 5 year old daughter. 😲 Conceived after vasectomy reversal.

1 minute ago, TOXXIC said:

Very true, tons of changes! I have a 5 year old daughter. 😲 Conceived after vasectomy reversal.

We really have to catch up by phone soon! And I need pictures before I believe you! 🤣

11 hours ago, Alanb said:

Joyce has big garden plans, but from what we have seen so far this year it is an uphill battle.

How so?  The cold?

10 hours ago, Alanb said:

And I need pictures before I believe you!

Of the vasectomy reversal?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

How so?  The cold?

Of the vasectomy reversal?

No, I will take his word on the reversal...., I meant his daughter! 😋

As for the garden,  it has been heat and getting things to get a root system started. Second is rodents. There are some gentle, mid-sized rats called pack rats, and mice. They love some fresh greens! We had grapes starting to bud, and raspberries,  until no more leaves. Without much root system they couldn't come back. Late freezes are an issue too. Just generally more difficult than western WA was. 

Ah, yeah, we had kangaroo rats for a short time.  I bought an electronic killer with wifi.  I giggled like a schoolgirl every time my phone said "KILL RECORDED!"  As to the heat, google "hardening plants" and also be sure to plant early enough.

• 4 months later...

XX may be back up for sale. The fact I haven't been excited enough about it to even get tires on it and ride it ONCE tells me I may just not love it. I paid $6K, only have gas to pick it up into it. Still same mileage,  but is now in northern AZ.

If interested let me know!

On 12/6/2021 at 11:19 AM, Alanb said:

XX may be back up for sale. The fact I haven't been excited enough about it to even get tires on it and ride it ONCE tells me I may just not love it. I paid $6K, only have gas to pick it up into it. Still same mileage,  but is now in northern AZ.

If interested let me know!

I am in So Cal. I'm looking for an 1100 XX. If your selling, i am interested. thanks Jerry.

• 2 months later...

Will start new post, but bike is up for sale. Just am not going to get out on it enough to justify keeping it around. Likely will get a sporty convertible and call it good.... 😕