CBR1100XX.org Forum

***SOLD-2000 CBR1100XX for sale has only 1,526 miles

Hi everyone,

I created this account to post this bike as I am listing this for my friend. His father recently passed away and I’ve been helping his mother clear out the garage since he’s located on the east coast. 

The bike is in perfect condition, garage-kept for the past 20+ years. Starts right up and runs. Video uploaded. She's only looked up what JD Power website thinks it worth. I'm not sure how accurate the price/value is.

Specs:

- 1,526 miles

- Corbin seat and beetle bags (Original seat included)

- SECDEM wind screen

- Lockhart Phillips tank cover

The bike is located in Ballwin, Missouri. 

Thank you for looking.

IMG_1103.jpeg.0d09933b88d140f3b7f893543912f352.jpeg

IMG_1092.thumb.jpeg.f28fbd9d2bf1a4b514fa2790053b1b3e.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg.9601e26ade3fc57d836d657e899e82da.jpeg

IMG_1096.jpeg.1a178072e803cb673edc32da4bf967c8.jpeg

IMG_1097.thumb.jpeg.0e5ea081d535714028e8df310484c640.jpeg

0BAEDAA4-CE0B-496B-AE19-692E3CF0D43B.jpeg

605B6F54-A7DA-49BF-ADB5-59C375F639F2.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 1.39.01 PM.jpg

IMG_1101.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

IMG_1104.jpeg

Edited by Pr0b
Updated Title

2 hours ago, Fiona said:

So your price is  $6400?

I have no idea what it’s worth, just trying to help her out. That’s what she found online. If you’re interested or know anyone that might be please pass along. You can always throw out a number and I’ll pass it along. 

Edited by Pr0b

Nice seat upgrade, and those bags were also an expensive add-on.  The miles make it rare.  I'm usually one to poo-poo a high price for a 21 year old bike, but this might well be reasonable at $6k.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rockmeupto125 said:

An outfit in california used to make them. I think they did something with aircraft windshield as well. No longer in business, or at least not in the bike screen business. As i recall, they made them in clear and tinted, 2/4/6 inch rise. I had one once upon a time.

Cheetah?  I had a similar one, but not as tall.

I believe the only one with the separate rubber edging all the way around was Cee Bailey.  Cheetah was edgeless.  I'm certain I had one of them at some point.  I tried find an identifying photo but failed, but did find this, LOL...

dash_finished.jpg

4 hours ago, XXitanium said:

The strip on the tank bra?

The one on the left is the national defense service medal indicating he served.  Not sure of the one on the right.

Looking closer the one on the right might be the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal but hard to tell because of the bright spot on the picture.  
Color correctness is poor but that appears to be what they are.

image.png.919e84eca46a844e85c27874a9d7148f.png

Edited by azxr
  • Upvote 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:45 PM, Pr0b said:

I have no idea what it’s worth, just trying to help her out. That’s what she found online. If you’re interested or know anyone that might be please pass along. You can always throw out a number and I’ll pass it along. 

PM being sent... have been looking for a 2000 BB.

• Pr0b changed the title to ***SOLD-2000 CBR1100XX for sale has only 1,526 miles
On 4/20/2021 at 8:22 AM, SwampNut said:

I believe the only one with the separate rubber edging all the way around was Cee Bailey.  Cheetah was edgeless.  I'm certain I had one of them at some point.  I tried find an identifying photo but failed, but did find this, LOL...

dash_finished.jpg

Love the Nokia phone, I had the same model. Hell, pretty sure I still have it! What is up with the car stereo? Plug headphones into an audio jack? I would think even in the 90s there would been a better FM tuner CD player solution? Haha. Now if it was pushing speakers in a set of Beetle bags...then maybe.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:34 PM, SwampNut said:

I still have one.  Just played snake on it.

IMG_8614.jpg

I used to love playing snake.

What was up with the car stereo mounted to the bars?🤣

11 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

What was up with the car stereo mounted to the bars?🤣

Exactly what it looks like.  Onboard music.  The body with CD player was under the seat, I made a cable to mount the removable faceplate up on the bars.  Custom fiberglass box and brackets.  That when to an Autocom to integrate the detector and phone.