CBR1100XX.org Forum

2020 Honda Ridgeline

On 4/20/2021 at 2:59 AM, blackhawkxx said:

No mean they never go up?  You are still paying the same amount that you did 20 years ago?

Prob 13 allows for a 2 percent increase maximum per year. House passed to kids and grandkids can maintain the old tax basis.

Prop 13 is under serious political pressure, the democrats hate it. It's been around since 1973 or so, so there are many properties which pay vastly different tax than their neighbor.

Edited by mikesail
double click

1 minute ago, Fiona said:

If you come up with a firm number let me know. Waiting on a value from vroom and carvana for my truck

Santa Cruz won’t he out until the “summer” - is waiting 3 months in the cards?

7 hours ago, mikesail said:

Prop 13 is under serious political pressure, the democrats hate it. It's been around since 1973 or so, so there are many properties which pay vastly different tax than their neighbor.

My parents house now my sisters in California due to prop 13 tax is 1300 a year.

most others in the tract of homes is in excess of 6k. They purchased the house in the early 60's for $9,700. They wanted another one that was 9,900 but that 200 extra was just to much so they settled on the cheaper one lol.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:16 PM, SwampNut said:

Buying across state lines can sometimes introduce issues, but not always.  I've heard from good sources (didn't totally verify) that a CA purchase by an Arizonan gets double taxed, and that it's not unusual to take possession at the state line.  Lot boy drives it out, hands it over to you.  Either goes back with a second car or takes a bus.  In some states they just hand over the MSO, no tax, you pay on arrival.  And yet others collect for each other.  You need to look first when doing interstate transactions.

NV for us is easy; no tax there, pay when you get here.

When I sold motorcycles years ago in the Bay Area we computed sales tax by the county in which the bike was to be registered.  The shop was in Alameda County but if you lived in Contra Costa County you paid a different amount.

We had one buyer from Nevada, I think, who paid no sales tax because there was none in the county he registered the bike.

This was back in 2004, may have changed since then, I don't know.

A friend of a friend recently bought a new truck from out of state because he saved on the sales tax.  When he went to register it here he was hit with the sales tax.  Dummy wasted his time and money going out of state.

4 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

A friend of a friend recently bought a new truck from out of state because he saved on the sales tax.  When he went to register it here he was hit with the sales tax.  Dummy wasted his time and money going out of state.

True.  I bought my car in NC but still had to pay VA sales tax.  Of course, the NC dealer beat any dealer near me.

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Nova Scotia Mike said:

68 miles? Clapped out. Maybe it's the pictures but it looks filthy too. Driven hard for 68 miles and put away wet.

kidding, of course. good luck with sale

Thanks !!!  It’s gone. Auto Nation offered me too much money for it. 

Santa Cruz here I come. 

• Upvote 1