CBR1100XX.org Forum

Not many left like this (02’ XX)

A collector friend tried to follow up and was told it sold very quickly at full price. Not all that unusual, pristine examples always arouse interest; and, the actual/confirmed sale prices have been quietly escalating. Savvy owners typically know what they've got and are aware of inherent potential for continued appreciation (value/worth), especially in this economy.

I have a friend here that immigrated from Greece, with a fraction of what he had. Actually he came with the dollars he had stashed because the banks froze all accounts. The Greek financial crisis if anyone recalls.

He has been warning me that it is beginning to look the same here. So buying things makes some sense.

• Upvote 1

The current economy is in flux, exacerbated by the ramifications of four quarters of pandemic-related (or blamed) disruptions (some anticipated - some not - and some artificially instigated/opportunistic). We are in for a paradigm shift, and it may well be global, as we endeavor to find our footing in whatever evolves to be our new normal.

Look not to me for answers; I have none beyond what I feel will work for me. I suspect a bout of rampant inflation is as inevitable as higher taxes in the immediate future. I value self-reliance, judicious expenditures, and the acquisition of goods that will last and be reliable. Each individual will have to make some hard choices--hell, that's life--but these near-future choices may have longer-term effects than usual. So make smart choices; because decisions have consequences.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

??

I thought I might get your attention.  Not sure why he hasn't posted yet, hehis wife seemed pretty motivated to get it and a 919 out of the way.

No, motorcycle.  Or did I get the number wrong?  I didn't recognize it and didn't care so I didn't think about it.

Yeah, that was it...

Bike 1: 1998 Blackbird.  103K miles.  In the shape you'd expect for that, and not running right now.
Bike 2: 2004 919 (Hornet) I think about 25K miles.  In better shape, but also not running.  

I reminded him to post here.  Both were running when put away, and life got in the way of riding.  He's been on the CBR email list for decades and I don't know him in 3D, but know he's not a liar.

1 hour ago, XXitanium said:

AKA - The Blackbird Economic Theory, Philosophy, and Market Futures sub-forum.

Are Hornets good track bikes for large-types?

I like my 919's even more than my XX most of the time.  Trackdays depend on how fast you can go and stiffer fork springs are mandatory.  For casual track days they're excellent but the brakes and street-oriented design will have you wanting more if you're accustom to sportbikes.

• Upvote 1