CBR1100XX.org Forum

*SOLD* Corbin seat

Will look for his possible follow through. Had two Facebook group XX owners post they definitely wanted it, one found out he didn't have the money to pay for it, the other just disappeared. This is a fair and reasonable deal for an expensive seat combination.

Edited by sandman

On 3/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, TOXXIC said:

I sent your ad to my son who has a Blackbird and a GF who hates his stock seat and his Gunfighter WITHOUT the “lady”portion. 

My son said it might be easier to get another girlfriend. 😄 He was interested, but not jumping up and down as he really wants an unobtanium Smuggler. Sell it to Heavy D as he is local.

7 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

My son said it might be easier to get another girlfriend. 😄 He was interested, but not jumping up and down as he really wants an unobtanium Smuggler. Sell it to Heavy D as he is local.

If his seat has the receptacle and he's just missing the backrest it should be fairly simple to make one, assuming the post is a generic bar stock size.

I have a damaged smuggler I kinda overpaid for, it's more damaged than what was described.  I have no idea how to price it, and still have dreams of fixing it so I haven't really thought of a price, but if he wants a fiberglass and upholstery repair project I can post a pic and maybe he can talk me out of it.

8 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

That's hilarious!  And it would probably be more expensive to get a new girlfriend.

Sandman, if you want to call me at 312-213-8915 and we can arrange a pickup, that would be great.  I live in the western burbs (Oswego) but work downtown.

• sandman changed the title to *SOLD* Corbin seat
6 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

If his seat has the receptacle and he's just missing the backrest it should be fairly simple to make one, assuming the post is a generic bar stock size.

I have a damaged smuggler I kinda overpaid for, it's more damaged than what was described.  I have no idea how to price it, and still have dreams of fixing it so I haven't really thought of a price, but if he wants a fiberglass and upholstery repair project I can post a pic and maybe he can talk me out of it.

Oscar, seeing a pic would be super cool.

Congrats on selling the seat originally linked in this thread! 😄

Fuck, that reminds me that we never finished the seat cover project.  Still sitting right there on my old seat.  I need to clean the shop.

I have a Gunfighter and backrest, can supply measurements.

1 hour ago, TOXXIC said:

Oscar, seeing a pic would be super cool.

With a little glass skill and some patience it probably wouldn't be too hard to fix.  When it showed up I was disappointed in the condition and put it in a corner of the garage, out of sight out of mind.  Dammit, photos won't load.  I guess I didn't make my .org payment this month.  I'll try again later.

11 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

FEFBC2AD-E3BA-4EDD-80B3-E95A2AFA6A43_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.4923ff7adbb4da790e884cf2bd6af225.jpeg

8E612B9F-AD62-4A0E-8FBA-FE070131E0E6_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.5398c50fe9ad53ff7264315511c0b8c6.jpeg

Jesus H. Christ. Looks like a baloney sandwich was hidden under the cover and a ravenous Rottweiler sent to find it. If someone sent me that without a clear description I've be fucking pissed enough to burn their house down!

1 minute ago, TOXXIC said:

Jesus H. Christ. Looks like a baloney sandwich was hidden under the cover and a ravenous Rottweiler sent to find it. If someone sent me that without a clear description I've be fucking pissed enough to burn their house down!

It was part of a bundle with a bike that had problems I specifically asked about and was mislead about also.  He's a long standing member I've not seen post in a long time, he was quite sick at the time, and I choose to believe he had no bad intentions and maybe just nearsighted.  I won't out him....unless he posts something for sale without photos.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

...he was quite sick at the time, and I choose to believe he had no bad intentions and maybe just nearsighted. 

LOL. 

Are you bored enough to do it as a project? I'd volunteer to remake the cover. I've done quite a bit of fiberglass too.

...start a thread in the garage maybe?

170603_1258755765715_6076166_o.jpg

6 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

LOL. 

Are you bored enough to do it as a project? I'd volunteer to remake the cover. I've done quite a bit of fiberglass too.

...start a thread in the garage maybe?

170603_1258755765715_6076166_o.jpg

I'm never bored, always have 57 projects on the list, but I'd love to see this resurrected and on my Bird.  I've never done any upholstery and my only glass experience was helping Carlos with a small project.  I *should* have the ability but I'd be starting from 0 experience.

• 2 weeks later...