CBR1100XX.org Forum

F light flashing 2x 1.3 second and 5 times short so 25 witch is indicating knocksensor

Shandro Susana

F light  flashing 2x 1.3 second and 5 times short so 25 witch is indicating knock sensor.

I order a OEM from Honda and replace it start the bike and when for a ride after 25 minute it when back on . 

1. Now my question is can not the exact sparkplug also trigger de F1 light and flash 2 long and 5 short flash  ?????

2. Mi bike has 2 MAP sensor one on the rail fuel injector and one in the tail close to de EMC but there is no vacuum line attach to it. can this be the problem one thing the bike was riding without it for 4 years no problem what so ever.

3. Can led light also trigger the F1 light ?? 

4. I have 2 tail light bulb one is burn  the  other one works fine can this trigger the F1 light ??

thanks in advance any info will help

Shandro Susana 

As far as I can gather, the code 25 (knock sensor) is never due to a bad knock sensor, or a bad MAP sensor or LED light. 

It is usually either due to a corroded connector plug buried in the loom, fixed by permanently soldering the appropriate wires together (AKA "the loom fix"), or by a faulty ECU. 

This affects primarily FI analog dash models. 

The loom fix is not that difficult if you have some soldering skills.

My first thought was the check connector, the "loom fix" as fizzy stated.  The problem is most prevalent on '99 and '00 models, but also happens to newer ones.

Aftermarket lights and dead lights won't cause a fault code.  As for the dual MAP question, if it has one in the tail it's most likely a barometric pressure sensor.

Ok yes, clean every connector, but the loom fix is an extra step. There is a junction block that corrodes buried in the big loom under tape,  located roughly parallel to the battery. 

R/R and Loom Fix questions.... - The Garage - CBR1100XX.org Forum            ---------bottom of page 1

Is the ECU strapped down in place? If not. it can bounce around and cause error codes.

Important:::::::::::  disconnect the battery before doing any of this  ::::::::::::

Edited by fizzy