CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone else having issues with the board on iPad?

Zero Knievel

• 1 year later...

Necro-bump

I recently started having what I would say are similar problems to above (inability to post replies - no window to type a reply) but clearing history in iPad Safari did not resolve.

My bedside media consumption iPad is an iPad 4. I realize the thing was released about a decade ago and it's capped/max'd to iOS 10.3.4 .... I'm thinking there has been an update to the forum recently that no longer supports devices on older iOS's.

I'm likely the only one rocking such an old iPad (run it into the ground!) that has this issue but I thought I'd throw up the flag all the same.

Yeah, I have no idea how to address that or even start to, sorry.  I have a current-gen Pro running iOS 16 beta.  Maybe try Chrome, since it can update itself.  Safari stays "stuck" with the iOS version.

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Can we just get rid of the side bar?

Probably not, but I'll look again.  When that was first requested I asked the vendor and they said no, but it was put into the suggestions/requests.

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

Probably not, but I'll look again.  When that was first requested I asked the vendor and they said no, but it was put into the suggestions/requests.

If they just fix it so all the editing tools are accessible, it wouldn't be an issue. :( 

3 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Are you running the latest iOS?  Any modified fuckery on your browser?  Because mine looks fine.  Current iOS, Safari.

I know you are talking to Zero but as you may remember, I also have asked about this.  Mine is all up to date and have tried four different browsers that are unmodified used on either of my windows computers.  But realize for me, it only happens on some threads, not all, this one is fine.  Old long running threads like Political one is always half page.  Like said, the worst part is not having the tools. My android phone does not have this issue.

54 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

I know you are talking to Zero but as you may remember, I also have asked about this.  Mine is all up to date and have tried four different browsers that are unmodified used on either of my windows computers.  But realize for me, it only happens on some threads, not all, this one is fine.  Old long running threads like Political one is always half page.  Like said, the worst part is not having the tools. My android phone does not have this issue.

This.  iOS is up to date.

Ok, looks like they added the feature to remove it.  I duplicated the problem, removed the bar, problem gone.

However, there's no way to leave it on the desktop and not on tablets.  I found it semi useful, not sure if others did.  But I'm happy to live without it, if that's what makes more sense.

3 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Ok, looks like they added the feature to remove it.  I duplicated the problem, removed the bar, problem gone.

However, there's no way to leave it on the desktop and not on tablets.  I found it semi useful, not sure if others did.  But I'm happy to live without it, if that's what makes more sense.

I don't use a tablet but I checked the political thread and this is the first times in years I get the full page.   Thank you much.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use