CBR1100XX.org Forum

Forscan for Dummies

rockmeupto125

Got up for work last night, had the truck heater on.  Went out in the cold and started right up.

Came back in to finish getting ready, I heard the truck shut off.  Fuck.

Ran the codes quick before I left with the old Chevy (no heat, no defrost, 12 degrees out).  P200E cleared.

Went out this morning after work (8 degrees) and plugged in the computer. Didn't start it.  EGT13 (the one with the resister) reads 600. No, 900.  No, 334. No, 517. No, 936.

Fuck this. I took an old sensor, safety wired it to the exhaust pipe, and plugged it in.  Ran like a champ.  We'll see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

I hope this is the answer.  It still wouldn't eliminate a problem in the harness along the way or a PCM/FICM malady, but here's to hoping.

When I encounter a new problem on one of my machines, I have to ask myself "okay, what's the last thing you monkeyed with?  Aaaand that's usually where I find my answer.

8 hours ago, IcePrick said:

When I encounter a new problem on one of my machines, I have to ask myself "okay, what's the last thing you monkeyed with?  Aaaand that's usually where I find my answer.

I always start with recent repairs and modified stuff.  I had one just a couple hours ago, Jeep LJ tailgate that wouldn't open.  They incorrectly installed a flag pole receiver to the hinges and very effectively bolted the tailgate shut.  He was sure it couldn't be that, 'till we removed it.