CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gun Auction

Not mine....but two ad notices that I saw, in local "shopper": 

RES Auction Services, 375 Fry Rd, Wooster, Ohio, www.RES.bid. Online only - Now and ending Friday, Jan. 29 at 5PM. Pics and online bidding at the www.RES.bid. Buyer's premium, but ad didn't say how much.

Second is Kaufman Auction and Realty, 150 guns from private collection. It noted 30,000 primers (small and rifle) and assorted ammo. On line bidding terms apply. Ad says 10% buyer's premium. Contact Cliff Sprang ... cliff@kaufmanrealty.com or Derrick Kandel... derrick@kaufmanrealty.com.  Google try, Kaufman Realty and Auctions, 559 Belden Pkwy NE, Sugarcreek, Ohio. Selling at their auction house warehouse, or online. Sale starts Tuesday, Feb. 9, at 4PM.

passing it along....should y'all be interested. 

Local gun store won the right to sell (consignment) the estate collection from an executive/engineer at Charter Arms. Howard something or another.... He left all the guns to his brother who reached out to find a shop to sell them for him. 

1300 pistols most of which have never been fired. They guaranteed him at least $1M

This week they put out 250 revolvers.... Given the current craziness in the buying world some of the prices could not be beat!

I picked up 2 unfired 325PD's and a 629-2 and 400 rounds of ammo for $2k

I started collecting revolvers a couple years ago so I was pretty amped to add these to my collection

Sadly on the way home I hit a bump going over a bridge and they flew right out the window and into the lake

Edited by Fiona
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/23/2021 at 9:43 PM, Fiona said:

Local gun store won the right to sell (consignment) the estate collection from an executive/engineer at Charter Arms. Howard something or another.... He left all the guns to his brother who reached out to find a shop to sell them for him. 

1300 pistols most of which have never been fired. They guaranteed him at least $1M

This week they put out 250 revolvers.... Given the current craziness in the buying world some of the prices could not be beat!

I picked up 2 unfired 325PD's and a 629-2 and 400 rounds of ammo for $2k

I started collecting revolvers a couple years ago so I was pretty amped to add these to my collection

Sadly on the way home I hit a bump going over a bridge and they flew right out the window and into the lake

Nice find!! Congrats. 😀

Yet another auction notice:

Anyone handy to Amish Country, Mt. Hope,Ohio....don't think there is online available. Contact auctioneer to see if you can call one in.....if you do attend....it'll be NUTZ as the annual Air Works tool auction is going on at the same time. 

Subject: Daniel Weaver Auctioneer of Dundee, Ohio - Find & Bid | AuctionZip

Sending this along.....the gun auction is being held at the same time as the air works tool auction. It will be extremely crowded because of the tool auction.
3 separate auctions ....held for 2days, Feb. 19 and 20. One owner collection at Mt. Hope. 1st auction 35 plus collector knives and 175 guns, 2nd auction same day, but held in the afternoon has approx 185 guns. Auction 3 with 110 guns.

Gun preview on Thursday afternoon, 4PM to 7PM and Friday morning 7AM to 8:30AM.

5% buyer's premium. No paperwork for Ohio residents.

https://www.auctionzip.com/oh-auctioneers/332577.html

Nelson Weaver Auctioneer, (330) 763-4855

• 8 months later...

Smiling.....just saw an auction held yesterday...cruised the results. Saw a coupla my .45ACP's that I had sold with the same Auctioneer. So these two resurfaced and the Tasco scoped .45 brought $66.25 more than my auction brought.  Plus the American Tactical....uh, made in the Philippines...😜

This be like stocks and bonds...playing the field?

That is all.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw the Kaufman auction posted for Dec. 12. Online and skimmed through it.

https://bid.kaufman-auctions.com/auctions/catalog/id/29897/

i see some more of my items have reappeared. The Argentine "sporterized" Mauser at $30 right now. I think it brought $250 at my auction... cruise thru listings and enjoy.

That means I am planning a road trip for Monday. Go see in person. Snake gun at a good price....hmmm?

Went to the auction...nope not my old ones. Internet buyers ruled, especially #100. Lotsa winning bids...I figure he must be a shop somewhere.

auction results.....things sold for:

https://bid.kaufman-auctions.com/auctions/catalog/id/29897/

Edited by unk greg
Put in an apostrophe....shouldn't have. Sorry Carlos.

• 1 month later...

Latest: I see collector selling off his guns....5 auctions to do it. Anyone interested? Feb. 17, 18, 19. Some dbl'd sales on one day.

Try: David Miller (330) 473-3430, Nelson Weaver (330) 763-4855. Ads show online as well, go to www.proxibid.com. Notes 7% buyer's premium. No FFL, unless you are out of state...then go thru background check......shipping costs etc...ship to FFL dealer by you ( and $ chgd. ).

Then too, maybe the good ole AuctionZip, may have the listing.

On Thurs., 02/24....Kaufman Realty and Auctions, 3:30PM, starting with ammo. Online bidding for guns at 5PM. Complete list and pics available at www.kaufman-auctions.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Auction results of one of five auctions.....

https://www.proxibid.com/Atlee-Raber-Auctions/Gun-Auction-Day1-Collection-2-75-Guns/event-catalog/216620

if you were interested.

20,000 rds of ammo too, but not listed....just figure twice as much as you normally see it priced.

($525 for a thousand .556).

13 hours ago, unk greg said:

20,000 rds of ammo too, but not listed....just figure twice as much as you normally see it priced.

($525 for a thousand .556).

Two of my friends split a case a few months back at $1/rnd.  Neither has been out shooting yet, but they just had to have it.

I watched a young Amish guy carrying his 3 cases of .556. AR' s...truly a farmer's rifle. Lotsa varmits need to be taken care of. 😃

Last auction tammarah......so far I've not been lucky to win a bid. CheyTac went for just under new $. I missed the Colt Python. I was thinking on it, but with the prices things were bringing....I also figured no for a cheap buy. The prices that the guns are bringing will keep me out. Today, a Winchester 42, .410, pigeon grade brought $8000.00. I lusted after a matched set of shotties in a leather covered hard case. 

Ammo......sold for: 150 rds, of 9mm, 115 gr., 3 boxes -$65...ammo sold in lots, not each. $65 divided by 3 then. 250 rds of Winchester .556, 62 gr @ $130. 300 rds. 115 gr. 9mm @ $150. Some lots were a single box.

Ya get the idea.

Edited by unk greg

Found this.....pics.  Somewhere out in the nether world of the internet would be the results posted (sold for prices).

https://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=3643826&category=0&zip=&kwd=

From the netherworld....

https://live.proxibid.com/BidderWeb/main.do?auctionId=216623&wo=false#|216623|show-me-catalog-item|

Edited by unk greg

Somewhere I heard that today a guy sold a brick of cheapo .22LR for $100 and 30 rounds of 30-30 reloads for $50.  I He wasn't even trying to sell it, the guy damn near begged to buy it.  Last week that same guy traded some 9mm reloads for a bottle of Blantan's.  Turns out, ammo is currency, even pre-apocalypse.

Today I learned.....scratching your head means you bid a thousand $ on a Remington 700 BDL in .308 cal.

it got resolved and sold two bids later. 🙄

14 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Somewhere I heard that today a guy sold a brick of cheapo .22LR for $100 and 30 rounds of 30-30 reloads for $50.  I He wasn't even trying to sell it, the guy damn near begged to buy it.  Last week that same guy traded some 9mm reloads for a bottle of Blantan's.  Turns out, ammo is currency, even pre-apocalypse.

You forgot toilet paper. That will command in trades.

Correcting myself....the 1000 rds of .556 at $575.00, I thought was way over priced. Today I ran around some of the shops...first stop was 1000 rds at $799.99. The second place had them marked at $899.99, but no limit. You could buy as many boxes as you wanted (yeah, at $899.99). My final stop for the afternoon....790 rds for $760 (?), but ya got a ammo can....

Ok, resting a bit.....6 auctions in a week.  The 630 plus guns listed above.......I thought prices were high. One rifle brought $8000.00! Yes, one rifle. I know there are some out there commanding 5 figures, but they ain't usually at auctions I attend.

This last auction I attended, seemed to be a better bit of pricing.  The link shows sold for.....that amount is the winning bid, plus 10% buyer's premium and sales tax (auction on the auction house premise means, store and they charge sales tax). They will ship long guns out of state (you pay)....FFL paperwork was involved (Kaufman's seem to want to check off all the boxes on their sales).

A whole bunch of items are headed to Georgia, the US state, not former ussr.   Bidder #100. He buys a lot.....the first sixty items sold this auction and 53 were bidder #100. I may have mentioned him before.....

https://bid.kaufman-auctions.com/auctions/catalog/id/30581/

The two SKS rifles, one was Russian made, neither had matching numbers......managed to get a good price in spite of not having matching numbers.

Edited by unk greg

1 hour ago, unk greg said:

Ok, resting a bit.....6 auctions in a week.  The 630 plus guns listed above.......I thought prices were high. One rifle brought $8000.00! Yes, one rifle. I know there are some out there commanding 5 figures, but they ain't usually at auctions I attend.

This last auction I attended, seemed to be a better bit of pricing.  The link shows sold for.....that amount is the winning bid, plus 10% buyer's premium and sales tax (auction on the auction house premise means, store and they charge sales tax). They will ship long guns out of state (you pay)....FFL paperwork was involved (Kaufman's seem to want to check off all the boxes on their sales).

A whole bunch of items are headed to Georgia, the US state, not former ussr.   Bidder #100. He buys a lot.....the first sixty items sold this auction and 53 were bidder #100. I may have mentioned him before.....

https://bid.kaufman-auctions.com/auctions/catalog/id/30581/

The two SKS rifles, one was Russian made, neither had matching numbers......managed to get a good price in spite of not having matching numbers.

Price payed on the sks rifles?

2 hours ago, XXBirdSlapper said:

Price payed on the sks rifles?

Check the link: https://bid.kaufman-auctions.com/auctions/catalog/id/30581/ , as noted above. The Russian one had a poor refinish on the wood.....looked like someone just varnished it. Pic in the link....scroll to ya find it.

• 3 weeks later...