CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC2

NoOne65

Several years back when I got my 99 it came with a PC2 not installed. I am thinking this year before spring I might hook it up. Anyone have or know where I can get the software? also anyone have maps? my bird is stock except for the MIGs and K&N filter

Thanks

5 minutes ago, jon haney said:

You could always plug it in and see how it runs with whatever map is already in it.

It likely has the default map as the wires were never connected. thanks for your input tho :)

I have the maps on an older pc. I am pretty sure it is for a pc 2. I think my current bird has one also, but the maps are on an old DOS PC I got with the bike. Never cranked it up. I will snoop around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RXX said:

I have the maps on an older pc. I am pretty sure it is for a pc 2. I think my current bird has one also, but the maps are on an old DOS PC I got with the bike. Never cranked it up. I will snoop around.

DOS?  Harrumph.  That’s a Windows 98 system.  I think software and maps are is a directory off the desktop.  I’m sure the Google machine could find the software for it if Dynojet doesn’t still host it.  Biggest hassle with the PC2 is having a PC or laptops with a legacy serial port.

6 hours ago, XXitanium said:

You had an economy tune?

No...it’s the port connector on the device.  To clear or load detailed maps, it’s the fastest and easiest way to do it.  PC3 went with USB.

Oh, now I get it....  Yeah, I had a map that leaned out the fuel under 5K.  Bike ran fine.  The rich low end is great if you need all that power, but the XX is plenty fast even on the lean side.

Edited by Zero Knievel
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

DOS?  Harrumph.  That’s a Windows 98 system.  I think software and maps are is a directory off the desktop.  I’m sure the Google machine could find the software for it if Dynojet doesn’t still host it.  Biggest hassle with the PC2 is having a PC or laptops with a legacy serial port.

Dynojet does still have them and you do need a PC with a serial port. The USB/Serial converter does not work.  Reach out to Dynojet's tech support.  They will send you the maps.  I just went through this on my new to me 2002.