CBR1100XX.org Forum

Engine Parts

The last time I threw stuff out and admitted it, I was chastised for not posting up first. So here we are.

I just broke down an injected XX engine for a forum member who needed a set of cases, so I have all the eviscerant available if anyone is looking for XX guts. 

And of course, you all know to contact me for all matter of leftover XX parts, they come and go pretty regularly here. 😁

31 minutes ago, rockmeupto125 said:

What do you need, Bill?

...mind you, I think there would be some major machining, but I have a kit bike in the garage (more of a hope chest than basket case?) For a 913CC build on a CB750F jug.

I'm getting closer to retirement. Every once-in-a-while I pick up another bit.

...could it be done? 

I'd need the pieces from the injectors back to wherever they're controlled (and that too?)

2 hours ago, XXitanium said:

I'd need the pieces from the injectors back to wherever they're controlled (and that too?)

The throttle body spacing is likely different as well as diameter so you'd probably have to go full custom.  You might be able to use the carb set as throttle bodies, then add the TPS to it.  The points system would have to be replaced with a CPS and trigger.  Add a high pressure fuel pump somewhere.  Rig an injector rail and FPR and find a way to mount the injectors.  Add the wiring and ECU.  Probably a higher output charging system.  Probably a few more bits not coming to mind.  Then a custom tune.  Maybe it's easier than I'm thinking it'll be, but I think it'll be quite the project.

It would probably be easier to swap in a XX motor and harness than to convert the current motor.  It would totally change the look of the bike which would be a plus or minus depending on your desires.  Guessing most people that are slightly in the know would think it's one of the modern retro bikes.  It would be a better vehicle, but loose it's soul.

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

It would probably be easier to swap in a XX motor and harness than to convert the current motor.  It would totally change the look of the bike which would be a plus or minus depending on your desires.  Guessing most people that are slightly in the know would think it's one of the modern retro bikes.  It would be a better vehicle, but loose it's soul.

Lose....it's soul. 😂

• Like 1

I have been messing with a throttle position sensor code for the last few years intermitantly.
Tech keep telling me I need to replace the throttle position sensor but Honda claims that it is not sold by itself. Must buy the whole throttle assembly so still not willing to spend the bucks. Not even sure what I need even if the actual throttle position sensor is in fact bad.