CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wanted - Peel P50

Great concept. 1 seater cars. With today’s technology it would be a great thing, except for all thee safety shit that would have to be added.

You could always just carry a few stingrays with you.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/stingrays-could-be-used-to-map-earths-ocean-floors

Subsequent experiments will revolve around electric rays using their own electrical juice to power the sensitive ultrasonic pingers, something Tanaka's team indicates it has demonstrated in previous tests. Wearable battery packs will also be deployed for the stingrays, with the sleek creatures assigned to map irregular seabeds over extended deep-sea missions.

4 hours ago, RXX said:

Great concept. 1 seater cars. With today’s technology it would be a great thing, except for all thee safety shit that would have to be added.

There's a 'safety devices' exception for low speed electric cars, but being limited to 25MPH pretty much eliminates most 'normal' use.  If they bumped it to 35MPH it might get a few people on board.  Once mine gets registered, which should happen in the next couple weeks, I foresee it becoming my parts runner and Ashley's grocery getter.  Being that I drive gross polluters, even some of the super short trips in it will have a positive impact.

7 hours ago, OMG said:

Well if it's speed you want, there is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

That was kinda fun, and painful.  There aren't many of those left, sad to destroy them like that.