CBR1100XX.org Forum

Nice '03 in FL

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Crooks?  I've got some Palladium coins in 100% mint condition for sale at way over spot right now, am I a crook?

Yes. 😂

And that is a sweet bike, but he is correct, way over priced.

crooks and ignorant as well!!

Check out this beautiful all original 2011 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird! Don't be fooled by high dealer prep fees and rebates that are impossible to qualify for! This is a true price with a ultra low dealer fee of $250. Any additional fees are taxes and tag. THAT IS IT! Come see the Cycle Guru at Southwest Cycle. We deliver! We finance! * delivery cost may differ per location

• Downvote 1

Not necessarily a “crook” but definitely priced high. 

Where can you get such a pristine stock bike for $7K with that low miles? You can’t. 

Ignorant? Possible typo? 

He’s asking $7 knowing he’ll get $5500 or $6. He asks $6 and he gets $4500. 

Guaranteed to sell it and good on him for getting what he wants. Don’t be jealous - cause you know you want it. 

Everything is worth what someone's willing to pay.  Sport bikes are far from a necessity so I can't fathom calling someone a crook or gouger for putting a high price on it.  Simply move on to the nexxt one.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Clearly gouging I guess?

Can you really claim gouging on something like that?  I don't think so.  JMHO.

Honestly...if the bike was a minty fresh as it looks and it was being sold by a store within 3 miles of my house....I might consider buying it.  For me it's all about convenience.  I was going to buy Fred's bikes...for more than he was asking...but the hassle of getting them made it not worthy.  I just don't have that kind of time...

Prices have been quietly increasing on low-mileage pristine examples of the XX - there just aren't that many out there. Unmolested (factory stock) examples are scarce enough (rarity and desirability matter), and consequently tend to merit collector attention, which inevitably fuels price escalation. Remember, it's always about what someone is willing to pay.

If someone had listed that thing here the usual suspects would be shit posting a storm all over them, and explaining nobody will pay that much then estimating it at a 3k sale after a long wait.

1 hour ago, XXBirdSlapper said:

If someone had listed that thing here the usual suspects would be shit posting a storm all over them, and explaining nobody will pay that much then estimating it at a 3k sale after a long wait.

True! Lots of evidence in the archives.

Every once in a while I think "I don't ride the Bird enough to be worth keeping, I should just sell it".  Then realize that as long as it doesn't get fucked up it's done depreciating...plus, it's so damn purdy.

• Upvote 2