CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stolen bike tracker

7 hours ago, DBLXX said:

No insurance? 

Nope, as a youngster, the insurance premium was more than he could afford. There is a possibility that it was divine intervention.

He did get the bike back, in pieces. The police picked up as many scattered parts as they could, put them on a trailer and he picked them up.

Very unlikely that whoever crashed it lived. I think there was one side fairing still in one piece. Everything else was broken.

I remember him telling me that he learned that 185 you need to pay attention to both lanes of traffic.

I’ve looked at this one from Amazon.  A lot cheaper and well rated.  Only reason I’ve not done it is because I don’t live or travel to sketchy places.  Maybe for a long trip I would have it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7DVT33/?coliid=ISA5JW1IO8PER&colid=OTZUWSV92XIY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Upvote 1

Captain obvious here: if someone wants the bike they will have it, not matter what anti-theft or tracker you use. 

If it's a joy rider, he'd probably have crashed it before the ink on the police report was dry, if it was a theft ring, they probably have the tracker removed and stuck to a bus somewhere. 

I understand vaguely remember being young, I'm surprised age would have much to do with theft insurance, but then again I can't think like an insurance actuary. 

10k is a hard lesson to learn, but as you said, divine intervention: better to get a stolen bike back in pieces than a child in hospital. 

If the engine is still good, I'm sure it could be used in a project, like a drag luge!

497619980_DragLuge.jpg.d7625fe041d48729cf202c1e29aa4f13.jpg

2 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

I’ve looked at this one from Amazon.  A lot cheaper and well rated.  Only reason I’ve not done it is because I don’t live or travel to sketchy places.  Maybe for a long trip I would have it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7DVT33/?coliid=ISA5JW1IO8PER&colid=OTZUWSV92XIY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thank goodness thieves only steal stuff from sketchy places. 

2 hours ago, JoWhee said:

like a drag luge

St. Peter "how did you die?" me "feet first at 200mph".

That is, if I get to heaven