CBR1100XX.org Forum

Apple Watch Series 5

7 hours ago, DBLXX said:

You bet Tim. I don’t think they are allowing us in until March-ish - but let me see if I can get security on the phone. It’s a 130 mile RT drive too. Ridgeline only has 46 miles on it. 😀

Sounds good. No no need for a special 130 mile trip. Just thought if you were back in the orifice I would send a reminder.

6 hours ago, JoWhee said:

I had an apple watch (I think I bought it from Dave) I loved the thing, I had put one of those plastic covers on it, I'm glad I did, first day on the job (HVAC) I put a gouge right through the cover. After that I would take it off when doing something mechanical. HVAC is a little different than other trades as there's always a sharp edge someone didn't take care of during installation, and I always seem to find it. 

If I had a job that was watch/jewelry friendly I'd have another apple watch and it would tip the scales (further) to my next phone being an iphone. 

I was cutting metal for a dryer vent the other day and can see how it is razor sharp. Damn dryer is larger than my laundry room. I've tried it all, looks like I will have to go with a side mount kit.

That snap cover was posted by a guy who does HVAC.  He says he snaps it on for working on things, and off for the rest of the day (personal time and office time or just driving supplies around).  Sensible.  I might get one, just in case.  My current watch is still great, but I don't know why.  I was doing a couple of duct re-works in the shop recently and noticed that I seem to subconsciously keep the watch face away from the edges.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SwampNut said:

That snap cover was posted by a guy who does HVAC.  He says he snaps it on for working on things, and off for the rest of the day (personal time and office time or just driving supplies around).  Sensible.  I might get one, just in case.  My current watch is still great, but I don't know why.  I was doing a couple of duct re-works in the shop recently and noticed that I seem to subconsciously keep the watch face away from the edges.

Did I miss the link to the snap cap?