CBR1100XX.org Forum

Apple Watch Series 5

New Condition

The large face

I have a black sport band, a black leather magnetic, and I "believe" a black and white velcro.  All are OEM.

The black leather band is $99 alone.

I have a charging stand the cable fits into. That was $30 on amazon.

It's the silver alum trim 44mm

No box.  The box is @ my office and we aren't allowed in.

I think all in I paid $600 for everything.

Here $300 shipped.  Paid as gift.   

Feel like I need this in my life......I am traditionally an analog/dive watch kind of guy, but the digital analog screen is cool, and I could use the heart monitoring capability.

11 minutes ago, TOXXIC said:

Looking forward to the heart monitoring

My primary reason for wanting one, and maybe get used to using it for the other stuff that I'd normally have to pull my phone out for.

28 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

Do you think that it would live through your day job?

Not if I just ignored it, I'd have to think about stuff and take it off on occasion.

7 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Not if I just ignored it, I'd have to think about stuff and take it off on occasion.

I had the same concern as I often dive into mechanical jobs with my Seiko or Citizen dive watches on....would need to pull Apple first!

My Watch is pristine, and I work on the Jeep and around the shop with it on all the time.  I think I may have just learned to be careful.  I did scratch a previous one by simply hitting a block wall accidentally, not even doing anything.  And one of them got all scratched up (lightly) for no particular reason.  A friend who works in IT and electrical cabinets has broken two, but one was just a dumb thing like my wall incident.  He now wears one of the hard cases over it.

I don't think I've ever taken this off while out of bed.  Charge overnight, wear all day, 100% of the time.

image.png

4 hours ago, SwampNut said:

My Watch is pristine, and I work on the Jeep and around the shop with it on all the time.  I think I may have just learned to be careful.  I did scratch a previous one by simply hitting a block wall accidentally, not even doing anything.  And one of them got all scratched up (lightly) for no particular reason.  A friend who works in IT and electrical cabinets has broken two, but one was just a dumb thing like my wall incident.  He now wears one of the hard cases over it.

I don't think I've ever taken this off while out of bed.  Charge overnight, wear all day, 100% of the time.

image.png

Thanks for the actively daily use observations. Do you run a glass protective cover on the screen? Like the ones they make for iPhones?

My wife was lamenting this morning she has some nicks in the glass she wishes she had protected against.

10 hours ago, SwampNut said:

My Watch is pristine, and I work on the Jeep and around the shop with it on all the time.

Your Jeep is almost new and you work with wood.  Come out east and work on a 20 year old Jeep and see if you even have any skin on your hands. 😉

The watch arrived tonight and looked as minty fresh as the undercarriage of any of your road worth vehicles. 😃💗 Thanks man!  Happy Christmas to me. The wife will likely get me sweaters, this is way better as I don't fucking wear sweaters.

On another note, my son and I were in the attic last night and found some Mig Hi Mount slip ons, that had placards which read, "Ride it Like You Fucking Stole it!" It also had "CBR1100XX" engraved above it. I told Colton you had them made....that was my recollection and I am pretty sure I am right. Any chance the shop that made them is still around? I want to order a couple more for my boy....😃

Nope, shop is long closed.  Yes, I had those custom made.  Ahhh.... the good old days.  Post a pic of the placard if/when you get a chance.

As soon as my office opens or they let me in...I'll get you that other leather band.

Glad you like it...it was worn about 8 times :)

• 1 month later...

Loving the watch. Let me know if you are in the office this month and can pick up the leather watch band.😃

On 12/16/2020 at 5:00 AM, DBLXX said:

As soon as my office opens or they let me in...I'll get you that other leather band.

On 12/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, blackhawkxx said:

Do you think that it would live through your day job?

I had an apple watch (I think I bought it from Dave) I loved the thing, I had put one of those plastic covers on it, I'm glad I did, first day on the job (HVAC) I put a gouge right through the cover. After that I would take it off when doing something mechanical. HVAC is a little different than other trades as there's always a sharp edge someone didn't take care of during installation, and I always seem to find it. 

If I had a job that was watch/jewelry friendly I'd have another apple watch and it would tip the scales (further) to my next phone being an iphone.