CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fire Sale - 2 Bikes

I'm moving in a week and I don't want to move my two bikes.  I can offload them to a retailer here in my area but wanted to offer the same deal here before I roll out.

I am selling a 2002 DRZ400S (blue/white) and a 1993 VFR750 (white).  Full disclosure, I have not started either of them for around 5 years.  Obviously I don't have time for bikes in my life these days.

I am selling each of them for $1,000 or best offer.  I paid a tad over $3K for each of them.  High bidder(s) will be determined at my sole discretion by Wednesday November 18 @ 5:00pm ET.

My terms:

1) Payment due upon pickup

2) Bike(s) need to be picked up from my home in the Clearwater, FL area no later than Monday November 23 @ 8pm ET.

I will try to snap some pics tomorrow when the sun comes back up.

People know me on this board.  I'm not a scammer.  Hell, a few of you have seen these bikes in my garage in JAX, FL and Chicago (looking and you Hank and Dave...).  I'm a reasonable guy.  Just need them out of my garage.  Moving to Ft. Lauderdale next week.

WIll do my best to monitor the site and and PM's.

Miles on the DRZ? Very, very interested. My 18 year old son is dying for a dual sport to ride with his brother and I who each already have DRZs. He just did his MSF course. Be a good father-son project, and easy U-Ship pick up and delivery.  

Let me know. Thanks, Tim

Would also have interest in the DRZ, but looks like you may already have it sold.

I assume you have titles, but thought I would ask.

There's no way he'll admit to his problem nor will he willingly stop this destructive behavior.  If we pull together we can solve this problem for him.  As his brothers we need to take all the excess vehicles from him.  It will take a coordinated effort, many will have to sacrifice their time, energy, or other resources available to them.  I will take the lead by offering housing for as many vehicles as y'all can pry from his hands and deliver.

• 1 month later...

90-93 VFR was the best of the bunch, mine is a '90, first bike I bought when I passed my bike test, love it to bits, and seriously would choose to ride it over the blackbird in most instances.   I will give up my VFR when they pry the key from my cold, dead, fingers :) 

F5C573CD-9130-4919-B70A-FB636F4E944B.thumb.jpeg.43decab72a56f9ac78e6583ad7e3968b.jpeg

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

That looks great!

Thanks man, it's in the final stages of repainting at the moment, hoping to get it back in the new year sometime, kind of tricky to get it finished when the UK is on lockdown.  I'm on the Isle of Man and still have that bike and a car in the UK, depending on the situation ref Covid I may see them again by the end of the 2021.