CBR1100XX.org Forum

Custom ratchet straps and other cargo equipment.

https://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/

I ordered 6 custom straps, didn't even know it was a common thing or that it would be so cheap.  2"X11' in hi-vis green to match the Talon, $11.75ea.  I didn't do a lot of comparison shopping, but that seemed pretty damn cheap for HD straps.  They'll customize everything about them: end type, ratchet type, lengths at both ends, etc.  On straps that have lettering you can even select to put it in or out.  The lady said they'd probably be ready to ship in 1-2 days, they shipped the same day.  She said that small orders like mine usually get put to the front of the line.  You can do everything online except for selecting which side the lettering is on so I called the order in, it was fairly quick & easy.  I also couldn't tell exactly what was different between some of the different ratchets.  I wanted the smallest ones available in that weight rating, she made it easy.  On her end it said the green had no lettering, but online it said it did; stenciling is what they call it.  She said that she'd go to the floor and verify, and if it was stenciled she'd have them put it on the inside.

Can they make some big enough for...you know...certain moms around here?

That is impressively cheap for so much effort on their part.  I'm assuming pics will be showing up next time you take the Talon out.

5,400lbs working load, 20k lbs breaking strength, and cheap enough to triple up.

The ones I bought are 3,333/10k, plenty for a sub 1,500lb toy.  One over each tire pulling down and two underneath holding forward/rearward.  Comfortable over kill.  One tire strap alone made it impossible to move by hand.

It might go out this weekend.  It's still not registered so I'm debating it, but there's never law enforcement where I'm going; the shooting area we went to.  It needs a CHP inspection to finish the transfer/registration process and the earliest I could get was Dec 1.  Had I known before going into the process I woulda dug deeper into titling it in AZ, but they wanted some inspections also and I wasn't sure how long it would take to get done.  In CA it appeared that it was going to be a quick process, after doing all the papers and paying I got the surprise.

A level 1 (most comprehensive) inspection here was a walk-in last time I did it, though I had to wait an hour.

If my trailer wasn't already in Sedona (Marty & Janel), I might join you.  We need to plan a weekend there when I can drag Moriah out.

Some have asked why I like going there, the main negatives being that it's a mess and it gets busy on weekends.  While it may not be the best shooting area, best riding area, or best camping area, it's all three which is kinda rare.  Bonus points for no rule/law enforcement presence.

If only your Jeep had a bed...

Talon loaded up.  The trailer was originally a 4 place dirtbike trailer, converted to a 2 big bike trailer, now a UTV trailer.  The car is wider than the side boxes and I wanted to keep them so I modded them to slide out far enough to clear.  It had a long bike ramp that I cut in half then made spots for them to hook onto the trailer.  They store under the deck next to where they attach for loading/unloading, slide them out and hook into place.  I had to add 'extensions' for the front tires to sit on and the rear tires are about centered over the rear beam, it's just barely big enough.  Stability is good and there's not too much tongue weight.

The trailer is a '76 and I'm almost positive it had original bearings and grease, impressive.

13663128-D37A-41B5-AA75-D9C8B40AB352_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.bee5a6df31d2e8dc2fff5d759d10068e.jpeg\

8974CC66-0609-4377-9E2E-6E5EE1E4C1A9_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.7b834b4efbd55fbdee1fc1e4a368c646.jpeg

I always strapped my friend's sandrail.  He was watching once and as I was about to cinch them down he said "we're only going 6 miles, it's fine.  It came loose and the rear panel got mashed.  Squishy long travel suspension, frame hooks for the straps, one good bump to compress the suspension and they fell off.

The two straps to my Talon's frame are long and at a shallow angle so it would be very unlikely for them to come off from suspension travel, but I feel better having the tires strapped down.