CBR1100XX.org Forum

Biker Bling

Biker bling are a UK company who provide blot sets in stainless steel.  I bought the complete blackbird fairing kit from them and also a mixed bag of M5/M6 pan head bolts for my garage bolt stock.  The bolts are well manufactured and have the same drilled design as the standard bolts from Honda.  In fact, the only difference I can see is the material, the standard items being made of steel that is not stainless.

The guys who run it are very helpful, I first enquired after these in June and they had no stock, they were hoping for stock in August but it actually took until late september for the sets to arrive.  I would happily use these guys again for bolts.

IMG_4850.thumb.JPEG.9e56dd75c43a8571129ea21308f3fd1e.JPEG

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 4:26 PM, SwampNut said:

Cost?

I didn't know our bolts weren't stainless until I got a bike that had been in CA humidity and all the bolts had mildly damaged finish.  In AZ they stay shiny.

What's in the tube?

GB £50 plus postage

The tube contains grease, some of the bolts go into stainless nuts and unless grease is used there is a small possibilty they can sieze together

Edited by JaBr

On 9/29/2020 at 8:29 PM, SwampNut said:

Probably the standard zinc on all other bolts?  Later today I'm going to have to compare a few bolts and see.  I was also planning to see if I can use XX Frankenbolts on the KTM for bungee points.

The biker bling site shows a comparative picture of their stainless vs manufacturer original.

chain-guard-2-2-copy-533x400.png.d45d9ff868ac6ae6e970c708b1d6aa64.png

• 1 year later...
On 9/29/2020 at 8:26 AM, SwampNut said:

Cost?

I didn't know our bolts weren't stainless until I got a bike that had been in CA humidity and all the bolts had mildly damaged finish.  In AZ they stay shiny.

What's in the tube?

If they're not stainless they fooled me.

doesn't apply much to our blackbirds as they're mostly aluminum but, i was warned not to use stainless bolts in steel as it sets up a galvanic reaction between the 2 different metals.

i'm learning a bit of grease or anti-seize can help minimize this.

• 9 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 3:29 PM, ptxyz said:

doesn't apply much to our blackbirds as they're mostly aluminum but, i was warned not to use stainless bolts in steel as it sets up a galvanic reaction between the 2 different metals.

i'm learning a bit of grease or anti-seize can help minimize this.

I believe the reaction between stainless and aluminum is much stronger than between stainless and steel.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...