CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain Question

RXX

I called all over Knoxville and no one carried the DID in stock, and shipping would have taken too long/too expensive to justify paying for a spare. I found a small indy garage that carried a RK 530 Max O so I went there. Sitting in the workspace was a very nice ‘97!

Talking to the guy, he said the owner has had 4 birds. Rides an ST now. 

He sold me the chain very reasonably and agreed to exchange it if I did not use it for the DID when I get back. Score!

so now I have a spare chain and spare r/r. Now if I can only find my tire plugger.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, tomek said:

Personally I can't recommend JT sprockets. It has been a long time but I do remember replacing front after 10-15 k miles. It was shot.

Thanks.  Might not be worth the savings then.  I dont think mine looked too bad at 30k, but did them with the chain and back to OEM.

In the future, planning to just do the chain after at 15k and maybe sprockets at 30k.

17 hours ago, tomek said:

Personally I can't recommend JT sprockets. It has been a long time but I do remember replacing front after 10-15 k miles. It was shot.

Thanks.  Might not be worth the savings then.  I dont think mine looked too bad at 30k, but did them with the chain and back to OEM.

In the future, planning to just do the chain after at 15k and maybe sprockets at 30k.