CBR1100XX.org Forum

More XX Parts

I was scolded the last time I broke down an XX for not putting it out there.  Most of you know to get in touch with me if they need bits and pieces, but not all. 

Cleaning up around here I found another XX to dismantle, so message me for odds, ends, and bits you need.  I may, but probably don't have pristine fairing pieces.  I can at least check for what you need. Thanks!

My turn signal switch is sticky and unreliable, the high beam clicks but doesn't always work to engage it.  Though I have a feeling anything that old would be too.  If you have a nice one, I'm buying.

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

My turn signal switch is sticky and unreliable, the high beam clicks but doesn't always work to engage it.  Though I have a feeling anything that old would be too.  If you have a nice one, I'm buying.

Just a suggestion. you can clean and Lube the turn signal switch by just taking the switch housing off of handlebar and possibly a shot of contact cleaner will fix your high low switch. all in all a lot less effort than removing the windshield and fishing wiring through tight places.

Seeing that other thread with the boots that are no longer available, can carbs really be rebuilt any more? 

...thinking of grabbing a set for the kid. We never got his bike in to the shop. I could at least have a clean set ready on the shelf...

13 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

Cleaning up around here I found another XX to dismantle

Cleaning up and found a motorcycle....maybe two.

While most normal people would ask how the fuck that happens, maybe even call bullshit, I get it.

13 hours ago, joblock said:

Just a suggestion. you can clean and Lube the turn signal switch by just taking the switch housing off of handlebar and possibly a shot of contact cleaner will fix your high low switch. all in all a lot less effort than removing the windshield and fishing wiring through tight places.

That's exactly how I made the last two problem switches much worse.  And I have a shitload of proper electronics supplies, I didn't go in there with WD-40 and Vaseline.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

That's exactly how I made the last two problem switches much worse.  And I have a shitload of proper electronics supplies, I didn't go in there with WD-40 and Vaseline.

Maybe you could start a thread about it in the garage so we don't pollute.