CBR1100XX.org Forum

2017 CRF1000L Africa Twin **SOLD**

I'm selling my beloved Africa Twin.  The bike has been amazing. Hands down the most comfortable bike I've ever owned.  Looking to upgrade to the newer model with the electronic suspension and all the bells and whistles of modern adventure bikes.

Extras Included/Installed After Purchase:
- OEM Centerstand
- OEM Panniers (w/One-Key system)
- Eastern Beaver PC3 Fuse Block
- 2 Port USB Charger w/Voltmeter
- Hardwired Battery Tender Port

Bike is in excellent condition! Upon inspection, dealer remarked that all they'd have to do for resale is wipe it down & replace a sticker, see pic where front sticker is scratched from a close encounter with a tool chest. Never touched the ground.

Clean Title in hand

20200801_172516.thumb.jpg.579ac51ffbc98f6365395851a1e01a53.jpg20200801_172416.thumb.jpg.b2423ee906261ed9f1a61a30c1ee6d55.jpg20200801_172332.thumb.jpg.245a68686a4f74063852e7d249279aae.jpg20200801_172359.thumb.jpg.2acf041944148f68cb5ed5f992f22bd4.jpg20200801_172434.thumb.jpg.dbddef71ff19c64a39f78eaac0430a32.jpg20200801_172705.thumb.jpg.4f2290b94ff6e8707c25d70f79aeac47.jpg

20200801_172753.thumb.jpg.faa62aeb078c78c45535597dd99d7f4a.jpg

Edited by Perky
Sold

37 minutes ago, DBLXX said:

$11,498 and not a SINGLE PENNY MORE !

Done!!  I'll even throw in a can of Original Bike Spirits and a 10 pack of extra thick microfiber cloths as an olive branch for the harsh negotiations.  

When would you like to pick it up?

Edited by Perky

That bike might be the most horrifyingly ugly thing that makes me want to keep looking at it.  It's like a hot horny redhead midget with a hunch back, I don't know what to do.

Please understand that I'm not dogging your bike at all, just trying to figure out why I'm attracted to it while also thinking it looks all wrong.  I poured my piggy bank into the Coinstar yesterday so Dave's got the best chances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

That bike might be the most horrifyingly ugly thing that makes me want to keep looking at it.  It's like a hot horny redhead midget with a hunch back, I don't know what to do.

Please understand that I'm not dogging your bike at all, just trying to figure out why I'm attracted to it while also thinking it looks all wrong.  I poured my piggy bank into the Coinstar yesterday so Dave's got the best chances.

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

I am in the same boat. AND I love the patriotic colors. My 21 year old son would pay to have a kidney harvested to buy this bike. Going to be a dick here as there was a 2016 for sale last night in Seattle for $6900 with 300 miles. My son corrected me and said the 2016s have fork issues. But, as another member said , just a "little" high. You may want to consider $11,499

9 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

I love the looks of it and the - OEM Panniers (w/One-Key system) adds a lot to the value.  What was the retail on the panniers?

I believe it was around $700 with the one-key system.  I had to buy all the parts and put it together myself.  The dealership was charging $100/hr and the quoted time was 3 hours.  So, yeah, I spent the three hours myself assembling the system and installing it. 

As a side note, I know the cases aren't that rugged, but the convenience of the system, coupled with no external rack sticking off the bike when I don't want to carry them, makes them an excellent choice for most of my riding.  I've done 2 multi-day trips of 1500 and 3000 miles with those panniers and a soft top bag and couldn't have been happier with the way they performed.  

12 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

I am in the same boat. AND I love the patriotic colors. My 21 year old son would pay to have a kidney harvested to buy this bike. Going to be a dick here as there was a 2016 for sale last night in Seattle for $6900 with 300 miles. My son corrected me and said the 2016s have fork issues. But, as another member said , just a "little" high. You may want to consider $11,499

13 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Y'all aren't wrong.  As far as looks, I'd say it grows on you and the face always reminded me of the Japanese robot cartoons from the 80's and 90's.

As far as value, there are couple of bikes in my area going for about the same price, but there are also a couple listed for around $9500.  Different years and such, but from what I've been able to ascertain is the 2017 model was the golden year.  The rest of the years all have there issues.  For example, the 2018/19/20 Adventure Sports models all have a fuel tank/fuel pump issue.  The issue appears to be with the welds.  The material used to coat the tank interacts with the fuel/ethanol in North America and is acerbated with 90+ degree heat to cause the material to "flake" off at the welds and clog the filter on the fuel pump. Evidently, Honda is aware of the issue, but hasn't issued a recall.  Anyway, I have a very clean bike that's been very well taken care of and, in my opinion, tastefully accessorized.  I'm in no rush to sell and will keep him (his name is Kevin) if no one bites.

17 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Its why every guy wants to stick it in Crazy even though they know what will happen in the end. A pen in your ear.

21 hours ago, SwampNut said:

I wanted one 30 years ago.

You would have had to move to Canada, afaik they never made it to the states. I do recall seeing one near Towanda, PA in a dealership/museum a few years ago. 

On 8/5/2020 at 7:11 AM, SwampNut said:

I don't recall whether they were here or not.  They were all over the magazines.

I saw one in Seattle on I-5 circa 1991.

Pretty good. Didn't get my asking, but well within what I consider reasonable.

Best part is the bike went to a 20 year old kid that's planning a cross country adventure. He's going to make some great memories on that bike. 

Edited by Perky