CBR1100XX.org Forum

Crimp-on hose clamps will change your life

SwampNut

I'm pissed that I'm 55 and only recently discovered how awesome these are.  Life could have been so much easier in so many cases.  It's cheap to get started, $25-ish will get you the "crimper" tool and a box of clamps.  The crimper is identical to end-cutting pliers.  I didn't realize that, so now I have two tools.  The end-cutting plier sets the crimp, and can remove the clamp by cutting it if you just press harder.

Yesterday I used one to fix the shaft on a plastic knob that had split.  A screw clamp couldn't have fit, but a crimp-on clamp and some glue fixed the problem.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HF2LZJF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They actually make a tool more specific to clamping those babies down that the square part of the clamp fits into and then the tool ratchets it down to the proper tension then releases. That's what I have and have been using as I replace all the copper in my house with Pex. They are pretty sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought this set as my SO's car (Ford C-Max 🤮) needs a CV joint boot.  We'll see how good it is in a few days I guess, until then she's using one of my Alfa's 😂.

image.thumb.png.5afc4d16458b2c6a5c15eaceacb9b4fc.png