CBR1100XX.org Forum

Project Blackbird

JaBr

On 1/6/2021 at 2:33 AM, JaBr said:

All I used was standard white LED's T10 Canbus compatible.

The blue is basically because of the brighter white light, the filter appears green with a standard yellow lamp because of the colour mixing.

The ones I purchased are These LED's  The price has nearly doubled, I paid £3.95 for 10, they seem to be £6.95 now.

They are easy to fit, get the screen off and you can access the rear of the clocks.  There are 4 large bulb holders spread across the rear of the clocks with T10 capless bulbs in.  Swap these out for the LEDs and make sure they all work before replacing the screen.  The holders tend to need the contacts bending slightly towards the centre or they don't work.

How difficult is it to get the screen off? When you say screen what do you mean? 

Ok, figured it out, you meant the windshield. 

I switched out the 4 bulbs to LEDs, what a difference!! Thanks for the write-up!!

Did you change out the small bulbs too? I don't see the need so at this point I have left them alone.

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2021 at 11:05 PM, TFT said:

Ok, figured it out, you meant the windshield. 

I switched out the 4 bulbs to LEDs, what a difference!! Thanks for the write-up!!

Did you change out the small bulbs too? I don't see the need so at this point I have left them alone.

Sorry I haven't been here a lot lately.  

I didn't change the smaller bulbs as I felt the led's in those would be too bright, the warning lights are plenty bright enough for me.  I was surprised how much of a difference LEDs made to the main dash, makes it very visible.