CBR1100XX.org Forum

'97 carb set for sale. $200

The bike had about 60k miles and was running fine 'till he ran it out of oil.  The bike had no mods so I assume the carbs have stock jetting.  $200 plus shipping, PP friends & family.

FYI: if you go 10k miles without bothering to even check the oil even the mighty BlackBird can take a shit.

7 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

FYI: if you go 10k miles without bothering to even check the oil even the mighty BlackBird can take a shit.

A flogging is in order.  Anyway, I have always thought that it would be a good idea to pick up a spare rack of carbs just to have.  If these don't sell I might have to hit you up at a later date.

4 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

A flogging is in order.  Anyway, I have always thought that it would be a good idea to pick up a spare rack of carbs just to have.  If these don't sell I might have to hit you up at a later date.

I gave him a fair amount of shit for killing it, then sold him a motor.  It was my friend's son and he decided he no longer wanted anything to do with dad so no clue if it's still running.

Looks like dude is probably gonna buy them.  I thought he might if he didn't find replacement diaphragms.  A few times I considered that I should keep them just in case, but my bike has pretty low miles and they're not climbing much so they *should* be fine for a long time.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My bike is finally back on the road, but the mechanic did not need the carbs (he looked at the diaphragms and said they were not in a much better shape than the ones I already had). Did a partial rebuild changing a couple of seals, got it running but still not the bomb this bike is supposed to be. The bike now pulls like crazy above 6000RPM, but not great between 4000-6000... 

Long story short, I still have the carbs if anyone is interested. I am willing to put them back on the market at the same price.   

• Upvote 1