CBR1100XX.org Forum

What's this worth?

A friend is selling her late husband's 2006 zx10r with 16k miles. She has an offer on it and texted me to see it out was fair. I'm on the road and can't research it.  What's it worth private sale? I don't think there's anything fancy except pipes and he didn't abuse it, but he bought it used.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

What was her asking. Some guys will discredit the item and the seller. She should wait.

Neighbor gal sold a 1972 Mustang for $350 years back in great shape because he beat her down. I told her to wait. It had to be worth $2k back then. 

If he's interested, he'll wait.

13 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

She didn't price it yet.  She was offered $3500

That's a pretty reasonable offer, on the low side, but not retarded.  That person will probably pay more.  Unless that bike has a really strong following advertising and dealing with people may not be worth trying to get a few hundred more when there's someone ready to seal the deal right now.

If I were her I might respond with "my friend said it should be worth closer to $4,500" and see what he says.  Then probably take what he offers even if it's only the 3,500.

• Upvote 1

A quick look shows that there are very few complete/undamaged ones listed for under $5K anywhere in the country and that one is extra flashy which might help it.  My previous comments were based on Blackhawk's KBB post, not my own looking around.  I saw that she has it listed for $5k, seems like it should sell fairly easily according to the comps, assuming it has a following.