CBR1100XX.org Forum

Old AMD RAM - GSkill DDR3 1800

I've had this ram boxed up and sitting on my desk for probably a year. I upgraded the ram in the PC it goes in quite a while back and this RAM was so cool I didn't throw  it away like I did with a lot of other stuff during one of the junk purges.

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-4gb-240-pin-ddr3-sdram/p/N82E16820231369

That is the exact ram I have complete with the unused cooling fans.

If anyone has a use for it I'll send it to you for shipping.

I guess I'll pile on here and mention that I have a shitload of RAM, small SSDs (64-240GB), and various parts like that to go away.  I was just actually going through drawers of stuff to give/throw away.  Post up if you have uses for small SATA SSDs, memory, etc.

37 minutes ago, Furbird said:

A 240gb SSD is "small" to you?  Good grief, my laptop and all my music/videos wouldn't even fill that up.

Yes, totally useless.  I can mostly live with the 512 in the laptop, but the main machine has 1TB of internal NVMe and 2TB external SSD.  I don't have a lot in stored music since I can stream anything, but just photos makes up around 150 GB and constantly growing.

14 hours ago, Furbird said:

A 240gb SSD is "small" to you?  Good grief, my laptop and all my music/videos wouldn't even fill that up.

Well, I think the SSD I put in my old laptop is only 500 GB.  Not enough for my taste as I’m hosting two operating systems, but as I hardly use the laptop, it will not become a repository of knowledge that demands more storage.

A tale of three laptops.

I was thinking about an SSD for my Dell M6600. It has  a 250G hard drive currently, no where near full.

I also have an Acer the youngest bricked - no idea what is wrong. Found the Acer power supply and trying to charge it now.

I was just looking for a power supply for son no.2's HP g7-2017cl on NewEgg. He abandoned it to me.  (I already ordered and received an SSD and battery for it) it powers up. Could use a Win7 CD or similar- ? Then it should upgrade to 10 automatically when MSFT finds it?

...oldest son says put Linux on it. I'd like to install my legal "old" version of AutoCAD. ...built to run mon XP platform. The old Dell 610 @Biometrix sent me has the screen going out finally,  but was a real workhorse for many years. Great use Thanks!

Can I make Win 10 "run as" XP?

I have some small Bluetooth antennae I needed one for my Bose Color II. I got a couple extra if any of you know you need one.

• Upvote 1

I have a Commodore 64 somewhere around here.

My wife got an on-line degree, I formatted her papers and printed them on the daisy wheel.

1 hour ago, rockmeupto125 said:

Okay, i have a use for a small SSD.

The power went out yesterday and took with it the boot drive on my desktop. Whatcha got? Trying to work with my phone is getting old very quickly.

I can send you a 250, or a 64, or both.  They are normal 3.5" SATA form.

• 1 month later...

After sending out the stuff to Joe, the one left was unable to be properly erased, so it had an issue and I sent it for shredding.

I've just found myself with a 250GB mSATA SSD if that's of any use.  I also have four more mSATA drives in 24, 30, 30, and 32GB to give away.