CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil in the cable connector. Solution???

Hondero

Hello friends, I need your wisdom.
I have an oil leak through the CAMPULSE GENERATOR cable, this leak goes to the cable connector next to the throttle stop screw (attached photo), at first I thought it was between the cables and I filled it with silicone and left it very well closed, but it continues losing and I have deduced that the leak is not between the two cables, it is just inside the cables, that is to say by the metallic wires of the cable, since if I clean everything when the first droplet begins to appear, the cable is clean and dry but the connector is dirty, also due to the force of gravity the oil would not rise to the connector. It is not a serious thing and loses very little, but over time the area fills with oil and stains everything. I could buy a new one but it is a pity that working well I have to change it and spend a lot of money, surely this is produced by the passage of time (20 years) and although here in my area there is that piece of occasion I am afraid that it will happen same as it will have the same time.

IMG_20200320_222424.thumb.jpg.fcf54e69f789e3b26ee2c9dd3ac318cc.jpg

This is what I did but the problem was not there, it is inside the cables !!!

1953339007_vistaalreves.thumb.JPG.a1c35581e468c9b0c474323474e5e1c2.JPG

This is from behind, but here I do not know if I can put silicone or where to put it.

IMG_20200518_153151.thumb.jpg.05ea67a1023243c2257f84f9ec7b496c.jpg

This is where you see the problem, clean cables and dirty connector.

Any idea to solve it? I suppose this will have happened to more people and you will have an effective solution without having to change it.
Let's see if with your help I can solve it !!!

Thanks in advance

Take the rubber boot out where it connects at the engine, clean it out really well, and fill it with silicone or other sealant so the oil can't enter the boot.

In the second photo, you can see the white wires coming out of the red block then going into the black sheath. I would make sure that area inside the black sheath is absolutely clean then put some oil compatible sealant into the sheath sealing the wires. The sealant will probably have to be quite thin to flow into and around the wires.

Perhaps something like this is available in Spain?

mNad7LE69MAQT52jcRv1_Sg.jpg

4 hours ago, FiXXation said:

Is the crankcase breather hose assembly still connected up properly and not crimped?

I meant to mention that, definitely should be checked.

I have not seen that silicone near me, but I am going to look for it on ebay and if I can not find I will look for another similar one.

Edited by Hondero

10 hours ago, FiXXation said:

Is the crankcase breather hose assembly still connected up properly and not crimped?

6 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I meant to mention that, definitely should be checked.

I do not understand that, perhaps my google translator has not done well, what do you mean?
I am going to search the internet for that silicone that you tell me says it is fast and I will disassemble the sensor again and apply as you have indicated, it seems to me that the oil comes out of the copper filaments, but I will try what I you have indicated.

There is a way on every engine to let the pressure out from building up inside.  Most expel the pressure from the Cylinder Head Cover.  I don't remember were it is on our bike but I'm sure someone will tell us.

Edited by blackhawkxx

I just copy/pasted the image, ignore the red crap.

pSrwijNtvQ79mPucqNSEh-RZJ6K9m4x7a-o2ErQYr3-eVyAq13Wx6PQXAsOuFDbgglVnkpiy7Ch87kiPYNNBcjN3oL6LjwRK7zgWrDqGFOQEZTaDnS-FxDnHlQdasCO1ivwM1Z10VGw

On the left hand side below where it says " blue tape " there is " crankcase breather tube "' 

Is that pinched where it comes out of the valve cover restricting air flow? This would cause a buildup of crankcase pressure.

11 hours ago, Hondero said:

I do not understand that, perhaps my google translator has not done well, what do you mean?

Un tubo que conecta de la tapa de arriba del motor a la caja del filtro de aire.  Ese tubo deja salir la presión del motor.  Si ese tubo esta bloqueado el motor va a crear presión y esa presión va a tratar de salir por donde pueda.  Es posible que la presión esta empujando el aceite por ese alambre.  No es un problema común, pero posible.

Translation: I just explained the crank breather connection and how if it's blocked it could be forcing crank pressure and oil through that wire.

I VERY rarely write in Spanish, good practice.  Hopefully it's not worse than google translator.  Luckily the computer figured out what I was doing and switched gears on spelling correction, quite helpful.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Un tubo que conecta de la tapa de arriba del motor a la caja del filtro de aire.  Ese tubo deja salir la presión del motor.  Si ese tubo esta bloqueado el motor va a crear presión y esa presión va a tratar de salir por donde pueda.  Es posible que la presión esta empujando el aceite por ese alambre.  No es un problema común, pero posible.

Translation: I just explained the crank breather connection and how if it's blocked it could be forcing crank pressure and oil through that wire.

I just want to know why Spanish is so much longer to say the same thing? English the most efficient? 

It's not a direct translation.  The English was "here's a summary" while the Spanish was more detailed.

It's been interesting to watch the show Money Heist in Spanish, with the subtitles.  All my life I'd never really thought about how some things translate so poorly.  And that Spanish overall seems to have more words but spoken faster, so in the show she has constant pauses to let the subtitles catch up.  They did a great job on it.

16 hours ago, XXitanium said:

...no linky no worky....

Interesting. I know a bit about computers but usually enough to get myself in trouble. Why is it that on my pc I can see the schematic image but you can't?

2 hours ago, CBR-RR-XX-CESS said:

I just want to know why Spanish is so much longer to say the same thing? English the most efficient? 

As Carlos said, the English translation was a brief summary just to kinda keep others in the loop.  Also, since my Spanish isn't great, especially with technical shit, I'll often use more words to describe something that might have an actual name/word for it.