CBR1100XX.org Forum

1986 Ninja 1000R - SOLD

On 5/7/2020 at 1:27 AM, SwampNut said:

Dude, there is no fucking way any human can remember all the vehicles you've had.

I agree.  Not even he can remember the year/make/model of everyone (without looking at old records).  😃

On 5/6/2020 at 3:49 PM, DBLXX said:

I had a 650 - executive with the folding mirrors.  You guys remember.  Sold it with 100 miles on it.

It was FAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had one sneak up on me from behind on a three lamer road. I was tooling along at traffic speed. I got into the left lane and was going 75. Couldn’t shake him. Got up to 95. Guy was just smoothly next to me smiling at 95+. The only way I got rid of him was he got off the road. They look fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Parts are drying up on these. My buddy from back in the day has kept his, nearly mint. Valve recession, Kerker exhaust finally rotted out 35 some years later. Factory parts N/A has him shopping the net for used spares. Super cool how he maintains the time capsule.

I just sold an 86 Eliminator. Same boat. I was surprised to see people from all over the midwest interested in it. I couldn't justify owning it though.