CBR1100XX.org Forum

1986 Ninja 1000R - SOLD

My riding buddy passed last thanksgiving and had a few bikes. All went to family except for this last one. 1986 Kawasaki Ninja 1000R. Bike is clean with 36000 miles. Corbin seat has a tear in it. His wife has started it and it runs fine as far as I know. She's asking $2500. I only have the one pic right now but if theres any interest I will take some more if wanted and try to answer any questions. Thanks guys.

Skip

IMG_1531.JPG

Edited by Dotetcher
sold
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If I get it....polish it up and build a "little" garage/shed on the parking pad to protect it and use it summers.  

Was literally looking at powerful mopeds last night...(Burgman type - 200/400)

This might be the ticket. 

I don't know what people are giving, only what they're asking, so no clue what it's really worth.  The only one I saw under $2k wasn't running, runners started at 2500 and went pretty far up from there.  On the flip side, having a buyer ready to go instead of dealing with advertising and people is worth a lot, unless she enjoys the often painful process.  If I was wanting 2500 for something and had a buyer for 18-1900 I didn't have to fuck around with I'd probably take it unless I knew for sure I'd get 2500 without too much BS.  If she's had it advertised and someone didn't pounce fairly quickly it's not being given away, despite it being on the low end of what I saw available.  We've seen Birds with asking prices over $5K and know they sell for around $3500 or less in average nice condition, I don't follow the old Ninjas to know what they get.

Curious Dave; what takes you from wanting a scooter to this bike and what about it is better for you than a Bird or any other big sports bike?

I'll still prolly get a scooter.  Here in the community I have the cabins in...it has over 40 miles of roads and lots to see.  https://www.hideoutassoc.com/ So being able to jump on a scooter is nice.  The Ninja would be something to just tinker with...clean, polish and look at.  Take to the lake every so often.

I'm also looking at a few Vmax's...sold the one I bought last year after fixing it up.

2 hours ago, DBLXX said:

I'd do $1800/$1900.  Sounds like that might be low according to SuperH.  If too low, that's ok...I hope she can get more.

Thanks for your initial interest. Have fun with the scooter!

A mid-power, mid-size scooter or maybe even a small one seems to meet your mission really well.  Why not?  I'll ride anything, even a Chinese 50, and like it.

image.png

Was literally looking at powerful mopeds last night...(Burgman type - 200/400)

A 400 or 650 Burgman would be a blast. The 650 is pretty damn quick for a scooter.

5 minutes ago, Pat830 said:

A 400 or 650 Burgman would be a blast. The 650 is pretty damn quick for a scooter.

+1

2 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

Cool old bike. The old school Ninjas always remind me of Top Gun when Maverick was racing along parallel to the runway.

+2

4 hours ago, Dotetcher said:

Thanks for your initial interest. Have fun with the scooter!

You are welcome.  If she is still sitting on it in a year and wants it gone - the offer still stands.

58 minutes ago, Pat830 said:

I had a 650 - executive with the folding mirrors.  You guys remember.  Sold it with 100 miles on it.

It was FAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, DBLXX said:

I had a 650 - executive with the folding mirrors.  You guys remember.  Sold it with 100 miles on it.

You remember the V-star I had?  How bout the DR250?  The two or three SV650s?  No?   How bout the.....

I wish I'd kept a list of all mine.

On 5/6/2020 at 2:49 PM, DBLXX said:

download.jpeg